Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Medical Thriller... plague. Give Karl Urban one more chance to steal the movie.

I'm anti-borg, but I like this concept... how about a menace that goes after someone other than humans/Earth for a change?

But Spock Prime melded with NuKirk in Trek 2009. The utility of what you suggest already exists.

Sorry everyone, playing catch-up.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like that. Kirk and crew trying to prevent a disaster on/to another planet. You still have big scale events, but not a threat to Earth for a change.

3. austen_pierce

Thanks, buddy! Some will say that we already got this in the Narada's attack on Vulcan and the Volcano sequence from Into Darkness, so I want to be clear that I'm talking about having that be the PRIMARY plot, potentially in a setting where they're not even wanted. (?)

To clarify further, aside from Enterprise and crew, I don't want Earth involved AT ALL. No Insurrection or Avatar knock offs please!

4. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Kirk on his way down to the Deflector control room on the Enterprise B.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It will be a remake....ah.....homage to Yesterday's Enterprise. A temporal anomaly tosses the Enterprise 100 years into the future where they meet the crew of the Enterprise-D. The D is involved in long term war with the Klingon Empire. A war that was ignited by the actions of a certain Captain James T. Kirk In addition to Picard, Data and the rest, also on board the D is Old NuSpock (Leonard Nimoy) The dilemmas, save the D from the Klingons ( who would love to get a hold of James T. Kirk the quintessential devil in this matter), Return home and see if they can change the future ( should they?) Of course they defeat the Klingons and save the D. They enter time warp and wind up....

In 2015!!!!!! Cliff hanger for the next movie: Tomorrow is Yesterday/Voyage Home/Assignment Earth

6. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Only if Tom Hardy plays Picard.

7. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or James McAvoy.

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, Tom Hardy plays Picard, James McAvoy plays Tom Hardy in the 2015 bits.

9. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

As long as Ian McKellen plays Patrick Stewart.

10. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    And Ian McKellen plays an aged Kirk? Love it.

Edit: Darn you, Opus. :rommie:

11. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Played by Sharlto Copley?... :cool:

12. austen_pierce

Kirk vs Pike. Interesting....

13. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

The Trek fanboy in me has officially decided that it wants the next movie to be a crossover between the nu-Universe and the TNG era prime universe complete with Enterprise-E and whatever other ship and TNG era crew member they can throw in.

To see the TNG-era and all the old guard again in stupendous big-budget IMAX vision would give us all multiple fangasms and send this forum into a meltdown of epic proportions whilst bits of images and snippets of information leak out.

The Enterprise-E and the nu-Ent teaming up? Make it so.

The possibilities for cameos from the TNG era people are endless and just seeing those sets, ships & people again would be wonderful.

The catalyst for such an odd event should be Q or something.

Make it so?

But would it appeal to the mass market? Would it fuck. Oh well. Fanboy portion of my brain is not letting this go though.

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You really don't want this to happen. Trust me. :lol:

15. Joker

Joker Vice Admiral Admiral

Pine isn't a good enough actor to carry anything like this off.

16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Oh, I don't know. He played a very different (and patently over-the-top) kind of character in "Smokin' Aces". I think he's a lot more flexible than many people give him credit for, and he can only really act within the general confines of what's been written for him.

17. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

They should remake the last episode of TOS.

18. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

Pine actually is quite capable of pulling it off. He has done amazing work on the stage and frankly I thought he did a great job as Kirk. As mentioned on here he also was incredible in smoking aces.

19. jks

jks Cadet Newbie

Sorry for revising an old thread, but I like the idea of a "Search for Pike/Menagerie" mashup.

We know that Spock mind-melded with Pike before he died in Into Darkness. So what if Spock starts exhibiting Pike-like behavior, much like how Bones started acting like Spock in ST III. Kirk starts noticing, and is like "OK, what's up with that?" Spock reveals that his mind meld with Pike had the unexpected consequence of absorbing Pike's "Kantra", even though he's not Vulcan.

Spock also goes into memory flashes where he experiences Pike's encounter with the Talosians and the beautiful Vina. Spock then melds with Kirk to show him Pike's memories. Light bulb goes off in Kirk's head, and Kirk decides that they must bring Pike's Kantra to Talos IV, which is off limits and illegal to travel there. All kinds of shenanigans with Kirk and crew along the way, interspersed with more Spock flashbacks of Pike's time with Vina in the Talosians' Illusion-world.

At the end, the Talosians successfully transfer Pike's consciousness to some kind of vessel or body, to be reunited with Vina in love forever.

The original Pike was a tragic figure indeed, but he did get some bittersweet redemption in the Menagerie episode. Into darkness had all the tragedy and pointlessness of Pike's original accident which left him crippled, but lacked the redemption. For me being a Pike fan, bringing his Kantra back to Talos IV would be an enormously satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, and would bring the franchise full-circle to Gene's original pilot with Jeffrey Hunter. It seems fitting somehow.

20. Dantrek

Dantrek Ensign Red Shirt

I really don't know where you take Star Trek at this point. I would like an original story but it would have to be written well and without that swiss cheese of plot holes that was Into Darkness. I would like to see Kirk fight the Borg but with the assistance of the planet killer from the original series. I believe it had been postulated that the the planet killer was designed as a doomsday machine against the Borg. Since Star Trek Countdown confirms that Neros ship was a Romulan/Borg hybrid vessel, lets say he sent a signal to the delta quadrant before its destruction as a proximity beacon for the Borg. I would have rathered Star Trek Into Darkness (which is a terrible title) would have been original and although I love Cumberbatch, I think Kahn needed to stay lost for a while. That script was just terrible.