Ant-Man: Info, Pics, Rumors, Casting and Details till release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The official release date is now set.

Ant-Man: November 6, 2015

So will Ant-Man be introduced in Avengers 2 then have his own film or will he have his solo film on the heels of whatever fallout there is from TA2 film.

I'm also curious is it's still a Phase 2 film or now being positioned as the first film in Phase 3?
    I'm going with still Phase 2 for now.

2. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

...how soon can they rewrite this to be "The Tick"?

3. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it would be wise to intro Ant-man in Avengers 2. On his own, Ant-man won't generate a lot of buzz; but if he has a stand out moment in the Avengers movie (like Hulk), then people will actively be looking for more Ant-man.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh.

I completely mistook what happened a few months ago in secret Avengers.

I though Antman III Eric O'Grady had been "taken-over/controlled" by a machine intellect trying to dominate the planet... but it seems that in fact after all, that he's dead and has been replaced by a Life Model Decoy... And as of this month/next month when he reveals himself as the big bad "the Black Ant" to his Secret Avenger teammates, that there is no more Antman III.

It's a good thing that a time travel widget brought Antman II back form the grave a couple months back with the conclusion of Young Avengers... Only in time for some one to knock off his daughter who was also a size changing Young Avenger super heroine "Stature" but then, her boyfriend is a time travelling super villain so it's not like it's hard for her to come back.

5. Captain Craig

Well it took them 4 months from the point they gave this film a firm date(back in October '12) till just this past weekend to solidify which Phase Ant-Man would appear.

I'm not surprised it turned out to be Phase 3 but I do wonder what took them so long to announce it?

It sounds like the only real news is that Ant-Man is the first official film of Phase 3 while teasing Dr.Strange for future confirmation of dates/casting/directing.

Can we rule out a cameo first appearance by Pym or Lang in Phase 2? One could appear and we still wouldn't technically get Ant-Man in costume on screen till 2015.

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sheesh, nearly three years from now? Heard so much about this it just felt closer than it actually is I guess.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

My thought is the first Ant Man will appear as a cameo while the second Ant Man appears in his own movie.

8. Captain Craig

Edgar Wright has issued up some more tidbits on the film.

I wonder just how big an effects film it'll be. Obviously the shrink/grow is an f/x but that seems a much more standard effect now, maybe it's not? At any rate it doesn't sound like Marvel is skimping on the film or it's prep for it.

9. Guy Gardener

If they start with the man in the anthill, I have some scary memories of watching the incredible shrinking man as a boy. Just a two inch tall dude with a sewing needle fighting off his pet cat who wants to eat him.

It's nice that Hank Pym was rich, or his wife was, and she tolerated his hobbies, but I could just imagine a less honorable Antman taking dirty photos of celebrities perched on their ankles aimed straight up.

10. Janus VI

Janus VI Captain Captain

I'm sure it was mostly just throwaway dialogue in Avengers to establish a history between the two characters, but has anyone else considered that the Budapest reference between Widow and Hawkeye may be related to Pym and his first wife Maria?

11. Captain Craig

The test footage they shot has leaked to YouTube finally.
    Not sure how long it may stay up.

Ant-Man live action test reel from last year.

This looks really good for a test reel. Whoever did that sketch mock up was about spot on. I remain optimistic for this film!!
    :techman:

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The comics,toys and even the cartoon's always made me think the helmet looked silly. The suit they made looked pretty cool(if it stays that way)

13. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

That was pretty awesome. I was a little uncertain about how an Ant-Man movie would work in a live-action format, but that clip convinced me. With Edgar Wright at the helm, I think this has a very good chance at being good.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Bah! The clip has been pulled.

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty cool clip and costume, although it's probably not as clear as it could be that he's actually shrinking and growing in size there. Almost looks more like some kind of teleportation effect.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I never could get the clip to load.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was pulled before I ever got a chance to watch it. Do we know yet when they're going to be starting production?

18. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

Any casting rumors or speculation?

19. Captain Craig

I imagine that additional rumors and speculation will start up after Guardians of the Galaxy goes into production in June. There will of course be Avengers 2 news as well but usually the next two films see some overlap in news.

20. Guy Gardener

Domestic assault is not funny, but tricking Chris Brown into signing up for the part before he's read the script would be amazing.