AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2012

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

Good picture of Cap. Looks like one of the scenes shot here in Cleveland.

:bolian:

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Odd that all the characters standees feature the actors faces, except for Caps. Even Iron Man is sans helmet.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That comment or similar I think was brought up in "Thor" where fans were complaining that Hemsworth didn't have his helmet on enough. I think the responses was something like...well they're trying to sell their stars, not just the characters. Seems to be the same case in this movie as well.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So Evans isn't a star? ;)

5. Admiral_Young

^ LOL. Oop. He is indeed a star. I was just referring to "Thor" because it was a big deal in that particular thread. It was probably brought up in the Cap thread as well.

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

The question is what "too much money" is. Overall, it's just an "oh well" moment. It would have been lots of fun.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Over at the SuperHeroHype Boards there is a "report" that reads as a 'Friend, of a Friend who works at "x" saw some footage'.
    I provide this only as speculation AND/OR rumor but it was a fun read if nothing else.
    I wanted to share some interesting things I found out at work today on the Avengers. I work for a pretty big toy company (not Hasbro) and we have the Marvel license. One of my co-workers just got back from a trip from Asia for the toy fair there. Marvel and Disney presented whole scenes and then some clips. Here is what he told me as best as I can remember. He described a scene with Black Widow in here black party dress from the first trailer and she is being held by some Russian thugs. (she's on a mission) She is tied to a chair and the main guy is slapping her in the face and talking smack to he. He mocks her and she is not intimidated and say's some cool stuff back. my friend said that there is classic Whedon dialog and it is quite funny. It gets better because her cell phone rings and another thug standing off to the side answers it and is asked to give the phone to her. He does so hesitantly and on the other end of the phone is agent Coulson! I cant remember the specifics, but the exchange is really funny as she's tells him she's busy and he is saying Fury needs her back pronto. She tell him something like, "hold on a minute" and then the proceeds to kick the guys asses while still tied to the chair! She eventually breaks free by landing the chair on a guy and it breaks, then she finishes them off. After she is done she walks over to the phone and tells Coulson that she's done or some thing. He said all the people in attendance were roaring! It sounded like an amazing way to introduce her. I asked if that scene was better than he stuff in IM2, and he said it was incredible. He then told me they showed the scene of her recruting Bruce that we heard about. I asked how Mark was as Bruce and he described him as mild-mannered and likable until he yelled at her for lying and he said he seemed pretty intense.
    Ok, are you ready to have you minds blown? Of course you are! Just so you know I am not making this stuff up. You will all find out in May anyway. Ok, he then said they started showing a clip of the Hellicarrier and how it's first introduced in the film. He said the effects weren't finished(lack of textures, sound effects, score, etc.) But he did say it was freaking cool, and the other people there that weren't familiar with the lore of Shield where blown away and were trying to figure out what the hell it was. SPOILER ALERT!! The Hellicarrier starts out on the water like a regular aircraft carrier and then the outside fins begin to rotate and then the anti-gravity/turbines fire up and then it slowly rises out the water and begins flying away. The People in attendance, he said were clapping. He definitely said he nerded out at that moment too. Then they started showing some more scenes/clips and the one that stood out the most is CAP pointing and then yelling to the Hulk "Hulk Smash!" Hulk proceeds to start rampaging forward and runs straight into a building. Right through the outside wall!! Then it shows him running past some office people that were freaking out as Hulk runs by them like a bull in a China shop. He said it was intense and funny at the same time. Can you believe it? CAP giving Hulk orders to SMASH! LOVE IT! Oh, and the Marvel rep told them that Hulk is smart or conscious of what he is doing more so that the other movies. (There you have it! a more heroic Hulk)
    I asked how the Hulk looked and he said he looked awesome. We both work in the visual field and I am an artist so I trust his opinion. I think that's all, as we talked about other stuff he was presented(Amazing Spider-Man, etc.) He did get a sense from all he was shown that The Avengers is going to "own" and be a great start to the summer. I know it's not the trailer guys, and I am waiting for it too, but I thought I would share this as it was too juicy to keep.

Thoughts?

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I am Jack's miniscule paycheck.

9. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

The part about the Hulk makes some sense considering the ending of The Incredible Hulk where it is implied Banner has gained some form of control over the Hulk persona...

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

If that report is true, then I'm even more psyched for this movie than before. It sounds like great stuff.

I can't wait until we get the second trailer.

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. It's looking like the complaints about ditching his First Avenger 40's uniform were (gasp) yet another knee-jerk overreaction regarding comic hero movie costumes. Who could have guessed?

12. Captain Craig

Found 2 more pieces of finalized concept art work about the 'net today for The Avengers film coming this May.

This first one is more like one we've seen already. More of a marketing type artwork.
    [​IMG]

This second one is a bit more SPOILER-IFIC so I'm going to code it. It's a partial look at allegedly the finalized concept artwork for how the SHIELD Hellicarrier is going to look/operate during a sequence in the film.
    [​IMG]
    They(Marvel) still tried to mask certain things hence the "looking through slated blinds" appearance.

That first panel is pre-action imo.
    The second panel is mid-action as the Helicarrier goes from static to active mode.
    The third panel feels more like you're looking up at the underside of it.
    The fourth, still underneath, seems to show a partial backside look at it as it's moving away.

Thoughts?

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Sounds about right, her registry is "87" implying shes part of the United States carrier numbering system, the font is identical.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

What we can see of that is really cool looking. It looks to me to be a good mix of realistic, but with the comic booky twist that we seem to be getting in the Marvel movies.

15. Admiral_Young

I actually like that piece better than the other one. Those Hellicarrier sketches look great.

16. Captain Craig

Some toy designs have surfaced. I assume in preparation for the Feb NY toy show.
    3.75" figs - No Widow or Hawkeye sadly.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what to make of the "Hydro Hammer" action Thor. Is that to mimick a scene in the movie or just a standard non-related variant that sometimes happens?

5" figs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Admiral_Young

I love the Hulk figure. Yeah they're most likely going to promote the big four. Even though Scarlett Johansson is a big star, Black Widow is probably known only to hardcore comic book characters. Same with Hawkeye. Which is why Marvel is pushing these two in their books. The Loki figure is awesome too.

Here's more images from Bleeding Cool and apparently you can pre-order the Lizard ASM figure from Big Bad already.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01...-ahoy-toys-reveal-movie-lizard-avengers-hulk/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those are some pretty good action figure designs, although I wish we could get a better look at Hawkeye and Black Widow.

19. Admiral_Young

Just a tid bit regarding Hawkeye and 'Tasha...there are youtube videos from NYCC last year that displayed the figures. They looked really good from what I saw. Especially the Hawkeye one. I'm sure we'll see pics of them soon enough.

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Yeah this guy posted the 6 inch figures way back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3.75 inch Iron Man Mark 7 and Black Window

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.