"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode last night. Strong writing and great drama, and it's nice to see Ryan getting some significant story time. Also Castle's growth into understanding what it was like to be a cop was nice.

I still don't like the new Captain, she is way too cliche as the a-hole captain. Most leaders would never get into those positions if they consistently treated people like crap.

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll take a misleading promo over what they did at Sci Fi with Stargate Atlantis where they would regularly give away the plot twists and endings in their promos.

3. elaithin

elaithin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The second I saw him, I immediately turned to my wife and said "It's true. This man has no dick."

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yes, I liked that too. The first thing that I thought of when Beckett said Philip could provide them info on 3XK is that it would be useless information. Great episode!

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Ditto for a mystery writer needing to have what a Chinese "Tong" was explained to him . . . .

Meanwhile, I ordered HEAT RISES at the library yesterday.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't believe I've missed the last two episodes but I've been extremely busy over the last couple of weeks. Tonight's episode looks good though and would appear to be a Halloween themed episode or at least tie-in dealing with the Paranormal.

7. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tonight was great!

I ant afraid of no ghost!

(cue music)

8. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enjoyed tonight's ep. Next week looks interesting.

A thought on whether or not to have Castle and Beckett get together...Why couldn't it work? The more I watch, and enjoy the show, the more it reminds me of the interplay between Nick and Nora Charles. Take away all the booze and flip the personalities a bit, Castle reminds me a bit more of Nora, and I think it could still work.

Not a rework, but the fact that Nick and Nora worked. I feel it could work for Castle.

9. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't like what happens with the other couple though as I really liked them - women always running their mouths.

And I love the interplay between Alex and Castle this episode as well. Its always funny when Castle is trying to explain a situation only to expose himself to the very thing he's explaining.

10. Admiral_Young

Castle and Beckett's relationship and the show's teasing of a possible romance (I do think it will happen this season at some point, both the actors have stated they want it to) reminds me of "Remington Steele" in some ways.

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" *cue Ghostbusters soundtrack*

That had me on the floor for quite a while.. hollering and clapping like an idiot.. missed quite a bit of the following scene :lol::techman:

I love it when the show does that.. despite being a drama show at times it doesn't take itself too serious at other times. Castle has a nice balance to it which is why i love this show so much.

Another funny highlight was when the corpse fell on Castle.. his reaction was priceless and a true Nathan Fillion moment which have gotten rare over the last episodes. Please bring back more goofy Castle scenes!

Lanie and Esposito splitting up.. well, i believe i read somewhere that this was to be only temporary and a hiccup in their relationship. I do hope they reconcile because i think they're such a cute couple.

Another awesome thing was the switching of the teams.. Castle/Ryan are so perfectly matched and i'd like to see more of that. That was a pretty good idea.. in fact i'd love to see far more 2nd tier characters get more screentime (loved the Ryan centric episode a few weeks back).

As to the relationship.. i truly believe we'll see it this season. Marlowe (the producer) is heavily hinting at it (or it's just imagination and desire of all the shippers ;)) and it may happen during sweeps next month as he already said that some huge thing is going to happen. Now this can only mean two things.. the murder case/conspiracy plot is moving forward or the relationship is (or even both). Either way it's going to interesting. I do think that a relationship could be written interesting.. it doesn't have to take out the banter, disagreements and arguments because their characters won't change. Beckett will still be this woman rooted in reality (i so knew she was leading him on with her ghost story this episode and Castle still fell for it even knowing her for years for which she rightfully mocked him :lol:) and Castle is still this goofy guy who has fun annoying others. I'd so wish to see them take the first relationship steps.. first true kiss (the one we got was already awesome and a big sign that there was something between them), when they tell their friends and families, "the first time" etc.. There is so much potential and i have faith in the writers to do this properly.

Side note.. at the end, was that another Firefly reference? Do the impossible Rick! :techman: (or it could be just my imagination because Castle can't utter a normal word without Firefly fans going into a frenzy! :p)

12. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

another great episode this season keeps getting better. love the whole ghostbuster sceen.

13. Admiral_Young

Excellent episode. Was a little annoyed by Beckett's sceptical outlook given that we have established that she's a little bit of a nerd, but then I suppose it goes with her cop training. It was nice to see Amanda Walsh in the episode (she was the producer), she's a former Much Music VJ. Stana is looking more gorgeous looking in every episode...and yes the I ain't 'fraid of no ghost line followed by the Ghostbusters theme was awesome.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Were talking about ghosts here, I don't see why being a nerd makes one more likely to believe in something so stupid as ghosts.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm just so tired of Castle being portrayed as a gullible child buying into any and all supernatural claptrap. I'd think that a mystery writer would be more of a critical thinker and a skeptic. I mean, mystery fiction is all about logical deduction and penetrating deception. It's a cardinal rule of the genre that the writer must play fair with the audience and have a concrete, non-arbitrary explanation for every mysterious thing. Injecting a genuine supernatural element into a mystery would be cheating. (Which is why it's a waste of time when this show tosses a "supernatural" case at Castle and Beckett, because we know going in that it will have a mundane solution, so the oogy-boogy stuff is merely a distraction.)

Granted, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle became interested in spiritualism late in life, but that was due to grief at the loss of several loved ones, and he became rather pathetically gullible, to the point that he believed Houdini had supernatural powers despite Houdini's personal insistence that it was all trickery.

16. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the fact that he was freaked out by rats.

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

They just want Castle to be a fun character, I don't see the problem. The show itself has always made it clear its light fluff drama.

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Fillion and Katic should be careful what they wish for. By the time Remington Steele reached that point, Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist could barely stand one another. :)

19. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well.. either they're the best actors in the world or their video interviews are just true. In them there are two colleagues (and maybe friends by now) who just like each other much and it seems genuine.

I think they really like each other (and Fillion seems like a really likeable guy offscreen) so i'm not worried about Remington Steele repeating itself.

I'm just waiting for it with bated breath. ;)

20. Admiral_Young

If one is tired of Castle's antics at this point then I'm not sure what that person is looking for in this show. I don't think Rick is going to change his interests any time soon. As Jax pointed out the writers clearly want to make him a fun character and a balance to Kate's more serious but playful side. Nice Alexis and Castle moments in the episode again.

Does anyone think that they are going to reveal that Ashley or Alexis has been cheating on each other? For some reason I am getting that impression, especially with Alexis' inability to properly deal with the situation. It might be just me...so toss it out if you feel like...but she's not exactly been at ease with her current situation so I wouldn't be surprised if the writers decided to do something wacky with her character. It would be something out of character and potentially interesting to see how Castle deals with it...but I'm most likely reaching.