Games you have, but not finished?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I've just been looking at my games, and realised just how many I have either started and not finished, or not even started. Must be high 20s at least.

So how many games have you got, but not finished, or even started? If you feel like typing up a list of what they are, go ahead.

Most of mine are on the Wii, Bully, Manhunt 2, Sam & Max, Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, etc. etc. But there's a couple on the Xbox too, Tomb Raider Anniversary, FEAR Files, Dead Rising, to name a few.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I haven't finished most of the games I have. :lol:

Then again, I play a lot of games where there is no technical "ending," or games where you are meant to play over and over, like Civilization and SimCity.

I haven't finished HL2, yet. One game I keep meaning to come back to is Omikron: The Nomad Soul. It's just that the beginning parts are so very clunky to get through. Once you start jumping bodies it gets a lot better.

I think there are very few games that actually manage to hold my attention long enough for me to finish them. But I have finished Final Fantasy I, IV, VI, VIII, IX, X, Tactics, and Tactics Advance, so if anyone can make games I feel compelled to finish, it's SquareEnix.

3. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

The only ones I have currently are GTA4, Jade Empire and one of the Oddworld games.

4. Bob The Skutter

Most of the games I have, I do want to go back to and finish at some point, but I just keep getting new ones that take my attention away from the old ones.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Mass Effect and Dead Space.

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The ones where there is an ending, but I haven't reached yet include:-

Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Jade Empire (in progress)
    Crysis (Basically looking around where to go next as I think I've done what I'm supposed to in that section, but the mission isn't continuing)
    Assassins Creed
    Gears of War.

They may be mostly older games, but are fairly recent purchases for me.

7. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

got gta4 and re5 that i still havent got round to completing though i only have the final chapter to do in re5.

still trying to complete starwars lego at present ( its good for a laugh)

8. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It probably depends upon how you define "finished." For games that have an actual story and ending like Resistance 2 or Gears of War 2 , I have finished all the missions but I know that I've never gotten 100% completion of all the collectibles and such.

I've finished all the main missions on the GTA games or the two Saints Row games, but I've never gotten 100% completion on any game like that as all the side missions bore me to death after awhile.

But there are also a lot of games that I never finished the story for one reason or another. I've NEVER beat any SNES game or any game that doesn't allow you to save your progress. I remember Metroid Prime for Gamecube had this boss mission that I simply couldn't beat and I wasn't really that far into the game and I just said the hell with it. (Games are supposed to be fun, not annoying.) Recently I gave up on RE5 pretty soon because it just wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be based on the demo.

For awhile I was renting games through Gamefly and I've lost track of the games I've played for a day or two and sent back.

9. Bob The Skutter

By finished I mean finished the main storyline/quest. Not 100% collected every possible thing there is.

10. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

The ones that come to mind are Manhunt 2 and Shadow of Rome.

Manhunt 2 because it was such a disappointment, compared to the first game.

And Shadow of Rome because the final boss battles were too difficult.

I particularly remember how, after beating Marc Antony, your reward was--to fight him again! Only--he's tougher this time!

At that point I said: :rolleyes:, and shelved it.

11. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast. Never did finish that.

12. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

At least 20-30. There are a good number of those that I haven't even started. :lol: Now that I'm cutting back my WoW playtime considerably, I've been working on some of those more. There are a few, like Mass Effect, I'd love to play through at least another time before I get swamped with fall releases, too.

I finally opened Dead Space last night. I bought that a few weeks after it came out but never got around to it with the other games that came out around the same time. Well, Fallout 3 and WOTLK, at least. I'm on chapter four right now and enjoying it a ton.

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Too many too count. I tend to play through a lot of games and quit on or near the last level/dungeon. It's not because of difficulty, it's more that I get tired of the game by that point. I'm not really sure why I do it.

14. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I havent' finished Call of Duty 4 or 5, even though that's what I play the most - I just get them for the xboxlive online gameplay and don't really care about the game itself.

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Stuff like Oblivion and Fable 2, because they're so addictive and open to exploration.

Splinter Cell Double Agent because I just lost interest in the middle of one of the mini-games (those minigames really brought this one - and I'm a big Splinter Cell fan - to a crashing halt)

16. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Well this is going to be a long list, so I'm only going to list current gen games lol

Fallout 3
    Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Mass Effect(currently working on this one)
    Prince of Persia
    Valkyria Chronicles (close to beating this one)
    Crysis
    Resistance 2 (this game annoys me so I'll probably never beat it)
    Lost Odyssey (really want to get back into this one)
    Eternal Sonata (ditto)
    Star Ocean 4 (this one pisses me off so much I could care less about beating it)

So anyways, I have quite a few games to get through :lol:

17. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

never finished:

C&C
    Red Alert
    C&C 2
    F-16 Multi-role Fighter
    F-22 Lightning 3
    F-22 Lightning II
    MiG-29 Fulcrum
    Jane's F-15
    Hind
    Serious Sam 2 (got to the bit where you fight Mental's mobile pyramid and keep dying)
    Halo 2 (do intend to)
    never even PLAYED Gangland. but it was free...
    Driver 1 (got to last mission)
    Tony Hawk's 3 (never managed enough objectives at the airport)

18. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Most of my games I have played but not beaten. But I don't see finishing them as the end-all of a game either. Part of it is just playing them for enjoyment or for the challenge. I do intend to beat all my games at some point but it's also not my main objective. And as some have pointed out, you can't beat some games. They beat you.

19. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I only just managed to finish that one - it was a damn sight more difficult than the second game, which I can complete with one eye shut and a hand behind me back. Figuratively speaking.

:D

20. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

More than a few:
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy III
    Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Command & Conquer
    C&C: Red Alert
    C&C: Generals
    Starcraft
    Both of the Rainbow Six games I have (the original and Rogue Spear, but I've played either of those for a total of 30 minutes at most)

There might be a few others that I've forgotten...