Person of Interest Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob Morton, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Superb! Absolutely fantastic. The hotel room scene with Root and Shaw, from Roots shocking appearance, finding the real person Duct taped in the bathtub, to their final verbal exchange was as close to perfection as I've seen on TV.

Harold was somewhat unsettling; "The world doesn't look any different than it did 10 years ago..."

At first I thought it was a bit cheap to kill off such a great character but I can't wait to see Shaw again.

Even though they didn't get much screen time, it was nice to see the whole team in action together.

Easily my favorite current show. Has it been renewed for season three?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It also felt like the producers were threatening Caviezel a little... Has he been making things difficult?

3. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

I got the impression yesterday's episode sorta had backdoor-pilot written all over it. (ie. For a possible spin off of the show).

Sorta similar in spirit to the backdoor pilots of CSI: Miami and CSI:NY.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Not sorta. It was screaming "spin off pilot" right from the start. A really good episode but it felt like a different show entirely.

5. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

Wonder what a possible spin off would be like, featuring Sarah Shahi as Shaw.

One possibility is something resembling a more "grown-up" version of the CW show "Nikita".

6. Ganja Tea

Ganja Tea Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think they killed off too many of the new characters for a spin off pilot. She's the only one who lived. I loved Sarah Shari in the short lived series "Life". I didn't care to much for her other show but it wasn't really my sorta thing. She was pretty badass here. I think more likely they just introduced us to Batgirl. Maybe she'll get a spin off further down the road. And I love Amy Acker's Joker..... errrr I mean Root. She's adorable.

7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could Shaw team up with the computer whiz? Maybe not doing quite what Finch and Reese do, but something?

OTOH, she still believes on the program, so maybe not. Loved her killing Wilson and her reasoning.

8. Guy Gardener

I watched the new episode of Community set at the Inspector Spacetime fan convention right before this episode of Person of Interest where Abed says "Yes there was a female inspector, but she sucked, not because she was a woman, but because she sucked."

So many parallels!

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

This really did feel like a backdoor pilot but as far as I know it's not intended as such.

10. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

It felt like they were trying to add a new member to the team. Which considering that the core of the team is only two people(the cops are on the outside), needs to happen soon. The Reese/Finch relationship is good, but there needs to be more characters for them to bounce off of. Episode after episode we keep seeing how short-handed they are. It is well past time to get some more permanent allies. CBS is surely willing to spring for more than four cast members.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I found it interesting that the agents who actually work for the government only get numbers too. I thought that was Finch's thing so that he wouldn't get caught.

12. propita

Liked them bringing back Ken Leung.

I as thinking of Shaw teaming with the other computer guy, the billionaire. Both seem to have empathy issues. But, again, Shaw's still with the program in ways. But they're an off-version of Finch and Reese.

13. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Is this still CBS? Because that was amazing AND unpredictable. I haven't seen Sarah Shahi in anything else but she did a damn fine job of jumping into Person of Interest with a knockout performance. Flashbang in the facemask? Not a problem. Digging bullets out of the dudes she just shot? Um, ew. Assuming we see her again, her willingness to bend the rules *ahem* ruthlessly kill people to get things done will be a nice contrast for how Finch and Reese work.

The only thing I didn't like about the episode was killing off Cole so soon. They could've set up the Shaw/Cole relationship more in a future episode and THEN killed him off, sending Shaw off the deep end.

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I read that she's going to be a recurring character and may return in a larger capacity in season 3.

15. Guy Gardener

Well, despite that her shows keep failing, she is a leading woman.

16. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That last episode was fantastic!

It was a great idea to cover the "other side" of the numbers game. That scene with Root and the iron...excellent work.

I enjoy this show. I guess I really am getting old!

17. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was awesome, loved seeing Ken Leung again as well.

One thing though, it might just be my perception of things but it seems like they've been tracking more victims recently than perpetrators.

18. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Finally watched it last night and damn! Great episode! It was really neat to see what Reese and Finch try to do from the other perspective. Granted this "victim" was probably a little harder for them to help than most.

It felt to me like they were trying to lay the groundwork for Shaw to come back with a larger role in the show. I don't know if the show is a big enough hit to warrant a spin-off at this point. Does anyone know the numbers?

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Phooey. It's a repeat this week.

20. propita

Great! I'm out of town anyway.