The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

It certainly seems to be the case, but there is nothing saying that Carl didn't miss when he shot her. As someone else said, he could have closed his eyes, pulled the trigger and ended up just grazing her.

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Right, that was me.

Look, the odds are that she really is dead. It's just that there's always the possibility they're pulling a fast one on us like they did with Katee Sackhoff on BSG.

3. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

this isn't a show with a whole lot of happy surprises. I'd be surprised if carol is alive.

4. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Ya Lori snuffed it and became a zombie's last meal. What a way to go.

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

In any other show I might agree with you, but with this one it seems whatever happens sticks, no resets.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Me, too. But I still kinda hope she is, if for no other reason than I'd like to see Daryl's reaction.

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

They already did that with Herschel (Dying and then coming back to life), and they can still legitimately do that with Carol (Find her alive since all we have from her "death" is the headscarf). No reason to do that with Lori, after we saw her bleed out and we've been told she was shot, that would be a cheat, and bring in elements closer to magic, LOST could do that, but, Walking Dead isn't that kind of show.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, for the love of God...:brickwall:

Kirkman has said she's dead. Executive Producer Greg Nicotero (who directed the last episode) has said she's dead.

SHE'S DEAD. SHE WAS KILLED BY CARL AND HER REMAINS WERE EATEN BY THAT ZOMBIE.
    SHE'S NOT JUST RESTING.
    SHE IS NOT STUNNED.
    SHE'S NOT JUST PINING FOR THE FIORD.
    SHE IS DECEASED!!!!!

Lori Grimes the character has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, she rests in peace! Pushing up the daisies! Her metabolic processes are now history! She's off the twig! She's kicked the bucket, she's shuffled off 'her mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Geezus.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

So, what you're saying is, "She fucking snuffed it?" :lol:

10. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd be surprised if she wasn't.

The series never showed us a body or a death scene (while Lori's death happened explicitly off-screen, all we get with Carol is she runs off and leaves a scarf behind).

And the series has been quite willing to bring back characters who simply might have died - this season alone both Merle Dixon and that prisoner who ran into a field of zombies.

I've seen online theories that Carol may have been abducted by whoever was watching her attempt a Cesarian section on a walker back in the second episode (one camera angle implied it was the POV of someone hiding in the bushes). Given she hasn't shown up this seems a plausible way out.

Thought it was an Irish-American, but I never did see those movies.

12. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

There was no grand emotion in Lori's death scene. It wasn't worthwhile or powerful or meaningful. It was a telegraphed, perfunctory, and mean-spirited way to "punish the character for her sins." The shock wasn't what happened but that the characters didn't even make a pretense of trying to save her and the writers went with such a cliche death (and of course Carl "had to be the one to do it," he's gotta be a man after all) when they had a much more shocking death - in terms of unexpectedness - in the source material.

Rick's reaction was perfectly acted and his part in this last episode was great (yay Andrew Lincoln!), so hopefully it'll lead somewhere interesting considering the phonecall -
    hoping for Head!Lori
    . But I'm just going to try and forget the (living) tv version of Lori Grimes ever existed no matter how much I think Sarah Wayne Callis did great with what she was given.

Meanwhile this last episode was really good! Andrea might finally - finally! - be coming around, but I've said that before. I'd forgotten the Woodbury games, and I'm glad they brought them in, it so perfectly captures what's wrong at the heart of Woodbury beyond simply what we know about the Governor. Glad to see Michonne get more to do, and it looks like next episode she'll be stumbling upon the prison!

Daryl was awesome of course, as I said. One thing that was interesting thinking about it was him directing Beth to keep an eye on Carl - more and more, he's taking a leadership role. Still wondering about Axel.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I read in an interview that Daryl is becoming Rick's right hand man and will be taking more of an active leadership role as the season goes on.

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I don't think Carol is dead. Not sure about the abduction theory, though-- I was assuming that the lurker was the escaped prisoner.

15. Kegg

Not possible. All five of the prisoners were with Rick and company killing walkers when Carol was doing her Caesarian.

So whoever was watching her that one time, it's not anyone we know at the prison.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I assumed it was somebody from Woodbury.

17. Kegg

^
    Could be.

That'd be an interesting reunion for Andrea, given what happened at the end of season two...

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that Carol was being watched after Rick chased Andrew (I think that was the name of the prisoner who Rick off and everyone thought was killed) away. I think it was probably too soon for him to be watching and planning on getting the walkers to attack though so it was probably someone from Woodbury...most likely Merle.

19. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think carol is alive. I don't think they would just totally pass up a death scene or *some* kind of finality for a major character.

Unless I am not remembering correctly, the last time we saw her T-dog was sacrificing himself to save her and she just was never heard from again.

I think she'll turn up.

20. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

They just assumed she was dead because the only thing they found was her bandana.