Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JJ-R, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Another great interview! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the work you do to get us this stuff FrontierTrek. Thanks!

2. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure the Phase II material will not be an independent feature, but rather interwoven into the main documentary. Additionally, I wouldn't expect anything more than the footage we saw on Star Trek: The Motion Picture's Directors Edition bonus features: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=265&page=6

Really glad you are enjoying it! It's a lot of work, but totally worth it if it helps promote such a wonderful project and all the talented people involved. Part 2 and 3 of David and Ryan's interview are very exciting indeed :)

3. FrontierTrek

4. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm enjoying reading your interviews, thanks for puting in the time.

This special feature you were talking about... Has it already been revealed? It's just that an interview with Muldaur, An extended version of Measure of a Man and commentaries to both that episode and Q Who? already feel like a feast of goodies and I'm left scratching my head as to what more there could be. I'm worried that I may be missing the "clues" in your interviews that you keep refering to.

5. Chris2005

Chris2005 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well, Season 2 is being released on December 4th of this year...

With 2 season's per year, from my understanding...

So...

Season's 1 and 2 - 2012
    Season's 3 and 4 - 2013
    Season's 5 and 6 - 2014
    Season 7 - 2015

6. Savage Dragon

Wow! They're scanning ALL the negatives, not just what's required to reconstruct the episodes! This should yield some pretty cool special features!

7. FrontierTrek

;) ;)

8. MikeS

So HD bloopers?

9. Cap.T

Cap.T Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In the Interview David Grant says:
    It was really the corporation that told us what they wanted out, it wasn’t us telling them. They decided they wanted to do 2, 3 and 2.

So I would think that means Season 1 and 2 in 2012, Seasons 3, 4 and 5 in 2013 and Seasons 6 and 7 in 2014.

10. MikeS

I've really been racking my brain for weeks over this (I hope I'm not wating my time) and I've just had a crazy thought...

An alternative cut of Shades Of Grey featuring scenes we've never seen before but that Riker would have "seen" from his perspective?!

It fits in with what you (FrontierTrek) said about really blowing our minds and something that the fan community had been asking for for years!

11. Savage Dragon

I had the same thought. It might actually make that episode watchable!

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ha, yeah it would be kind of cool to see slightly different versions of those flashbacks. Either additional footage, or different angles and cuts.

13. davejames

Lol. I know it's just test footage, but that really DOES look like something out of the 70s Galaxy Quest TV show.

14. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I'm guessing new bloopers / outtakes. Which is pretty awesome.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm actually REALLY glad we never got a Trek show made in the 70s. Can you imagine how embrassing it would look to us these days?:lol:

16. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Interesting. The movies usually ARE sped up by 4%--wonder why the TV show is not.

17. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

With bluray there is no PAL or NTSC any more. Because the format supports multiple frame rates in all regions, there is no need for any speed up, in most cases the tv show or movie can be presented in its original format (as long as the TV supports it).

18. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

Blu-Ray. The international Blu-Ray spec includes 24p, so they don't change it (annoyingly, it doesn't include *25p* or 50i. The latter's basically UK-only, and I don't think there's a 25p spec at all. This leads to some badly smeared standards-converted Blu-Rays of UK material like Doctor Who to make them 24p so they only need one worldwide version...).

OTOH, a DVD release *would* be sped up.

19. davejames

No kidding. All those shaggy 70s hairstyles, drab colors, and cheap looking sets...

And I have a feeling hackneyed episodes like Code of Honor, Justice, and Angel One would have been the norm instead of just the exception.

20. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

I see, but for releases that are on both formats such as the 2009 TOS movie re-releases they listed times that did indicate a speed-up.