STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yesterday was a blast. I picked up the Borg Prosthetic - Tactical Drone Mk X and Borg Prosthetic - Medical Drone Mk X. I'll post pics of them later this week. I'll gladly do another run so I can complete the set. :techman:

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

There has to be a typo in there somewhere... couldn't find you, just got an error message.

Your name worked like a charm, you got your fleet invite.
    Welcome to the fleet.

Nickmariner, check your name and you will be part of teh Armada in no time, too.
    Strike that, found you after all. :)

3. Bird of Prey

Borg Prosthetic - Tactical Drone Mk X and Borg Prosthetic - Medical Drone Mk X.

Thanks again Scout101 for organizing that Defera run. I look forward to another one soon, and hopefully somebody else will also get the Borg prosthetics.

[​IMG]

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Mudj'dok@ListerSmeg27

5. Timelord Victorious

Invite coming up later today. ;)

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Yeah battery, tribble, anything that would be cheap. Sometime I find an item where only a handful are on the exchange and use that as it's easy to find.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Not a problem, that's a run I'm getting pretty good at. Half disappointed that these are something you hold, and not something that clamps itself to your arm, though :)

8. Rocketeer

What are these? I haven't seen these before. And what do I do with all the borg nanoprocessers (or whatever), they look like data samples. Thanks

9. Timelord Victorious

Ithink they are special versions of plasma weapons, with the same or similar perks as the stuff the Borg throw at you.

The other stuff is sort of a crafting currency you can use for making gear on Defera invasion map.
    The most important thing is the enhanced remodulator and a variant or two.

10. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Having not really done the Defera Event, I'd be up for a run maybe as a fleet event?).

I was going to say this weekend, but I think I already know what we'll all be doing. :)

11. Rocketeer

Where can I craft on the Defera Invasion map?

On another note, has anyone else fought the goliath werewolf borg? I've only seen him once and he cleaned my clock.

12. Timelord Victorious

There is an NPC at the base somewhere.
    It works the same way those winter trinkets worked. Only here you have to collect Borg junk to get stuff.
    Most of it is just green low level crap though, and the only objects of interest for me were the remodulator that is one second faster then teh repicated one.
    You can also get a consumable remodulator that is almost instant, but I can't see why you'd ever need that one anyway and keep blowing you Borg junk trnkets on them.
    Haven't encountered a Borg mob that wouldn't be dead from a full team' sfire before having to remodulate.
    The occasional Elite Tactical maybe, but those are more like mini bosses anyway.

13. Bird of Prey

It should be possible for them to make a weapon that looks like it clamps onto your arm. Using the hand phaser stance, they could create the art for the weapon so that it looks like it is over the hand and up the arm and requires you to point to fire it (like when holding the hand phaser). This would make it look more like a prosthetic than a weapon that requires two hands to hold it. This only works if the Borg prosthetic is light enough to hold with one hand of course. :techman:

14. Rocketeer

This goliath werewolf borg was tough, probably some kind of boss. I don't know what his real name is. I was with a crack team. We hit him with drones, turrets, two Orbital Strikes back-to-back and a constant barrage of heavy weapons fire. Toasted his companions (elite tactical drones?) like marshmellows in a firestorm, but didn't put him down. I've never encountered anything that tough before or since.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  15. Rocketeer

Did Emmett make his fleet? I haven't heard anything.

16. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

No, doesn't seem like there's much interest in a fleet. Half our members have their own gaming guilds they play with, and the other half I think are flying around going "WHEEEEEEE!"

17. Timelord Victorious

If we cold get a partner fleet, why not?
    For better cooperation there would be the open TrekBBS channel...

18. Rocketeer

That's too bad about the Blackheart. I was considering trying to get Carter a position there. He's my mercenary (Fed Tac) char. It would be good to have another friendly fleet to practice PvP against.

On another note, what's the composition of the the House of TrekBBS fleet? If I move one of my KDF characters there, which would be most useful to the fleet: Science officer in a carrier or Engineer in a cruiser? Thanks.

I'm not actually playing for a few days as I have some things occuping my time at work and home. I'm still checking the forums and occasionally checking ingame mail.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  19. Timelord Victorious

The House of TrekBBS is difficult. I think quite a few of us have characters on KDF side, but play them rarely.
    So the House has very few toons who signed up.
    What the house needs is members who are actually online.
    Class and career don't matter one bit.

20. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm playing my KDF toons more than my Fed ones at the moment as all my Feds have reached VA and my Gorn and Orion are only at Captain level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.