The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I paid $1.49 plus tax which is more than a big retailer but nowhere near what I would have paid for it online. :techman:

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    $1.49 is still dirt cheap. That's a fantastic buy even if it's 50 cents higher than a Walmart or Toys 'R' Us! Post a pic if you want. The more pics of Hot Wheels Trek ships the merrier.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been looking for the hotwheels ship, so hard to find. I managed to get like 11 of the Hotwheels Deloreans when they came out. I also recently got the batmobile from the same series as the enterprise, so they must be selling over here. I also went into Smyths (the only other toy shop apart from toys'r'us) and they had absolutely no star trek toys, not that there are many this time around.

5. Admiral_Young

Yeah...they're going to be quite difficult if impossible to get as mentioned before. The ones released with "Star Trek" I think sold out a few times instantly online during pre-orders, and I barely managed to nab the Enterprise-D from Entertainment Earth. I did think these would be extremely difficult to get.

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

7. cooleddie74

The second wave assortment of the new 3.75" Black Series line is due in stores late in the third quarter of this year. Looks like the rest of the figures from the cancelled Droid Factory line are still on their way in the new black packaging.

Article here.

The Wave 2 case assortment contains a whopping six carry forwards from Wave 1 (did Hasbro learn anything from the Episode I Vintage Collection debacle last year?) but the six brand new figures are definitely worth a look, especially the long-awaited super articulated upgrade of Mara Jade from the Expanded Universe.

8. cooleddie74

The very first carded images have just surfaced of four of the first eight figures in the 3.75" Black Series.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Admiral_Young

I seriously might pick up the Vader and Padme figures.

10. cooleddie74

Padme is going to ship in just one case assortment that we know of: the very first one. She's not being carried forward into Wave 2. Vader will make appearances in both assortments so I'd definitely target the Padme figure first and foremost. You never know when or even if she'll surface again.

The four figures not shown are the Episode II Anakin, green Clone Sergeant, Clone Pilot and Biker Scout.

11. Admiral_Young

Just saw a video that teased Hot Toys upcoming "Man of Steel" Superman release. If I was to ever justify saving and spending a huge chunk of dough on a figure...it very well could be this.

12. cooleddie74

The very first packaged photo of the Target-exclusive The Rise of Darth Vader multipack in the brand new 2013 Saga Legends packaging design. This will debut at Target stores sometime later this year.

[​IMG]

13. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I am not sure how comfortable I feel with the placement of the demonstration hole. Are you supposed to press Darth's crotch? It sure does look like it. :rommie:

14. cooleddie74

Vader's belt buckle is the activation button for his light-up lightsaber effect. I know, I have this figure. This is a repack of a 2012 light-up Darth Vader and not brand new at all. But yeah, the "Press/Try Me" demonstration hole in the packaging isn't exactly located in the most innocent place. :D

The Emperor is a straight repack of the Vintage Collection Darth Sidious (VC12), which means his robe and hood here don't match the way the Emperor looked when Vader was reconstructed and awoken on the operating table, but they probably just didn't want to spend the time and resources to make a kitbash figure that would have looked correct. That said, this Sidious is still a very popular and sought-after figure that many people had trouble finding so this rerelease will be very welcome for many collectors. The red Clone (Shock) Trooper might be the VC110 Vintage Collection figure from one of the last waves of the line but I'm not certain, while the medical droid is a repack of the 2005 Episode III Vader's Chopper (Medical) Droid figure that might have been given a retouched paint job to freshen it up a little seeing as it's now eight years old.

Not a bad set, really. Could have been a tad bit better in spots, but these multipacks are often just an excuse for the company to save money by reissuing older figures even if they don't always match the scenes from the films or TV episodes they're meant to honor. I imagine this will be a big seller just because of the popular Sidious figure and the light-up Vader.

15. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome! I never did find ROTS Sidious. Totally gonna pick that up.

16. cooleddie74

He's a tough one. I've seen him on eBay for as much as $70 or $80 USD and the cheapest ones run for no less than $30-ish (and that's if there even are any that cheap). He's probably the most expensive and most elusive figure in the first two waves of the Vintage Collection.

17. Shazam!

Him and C-3PO definitely.

The VC Shocktrooper is also an added bonus. Great set.

18. cooleddie74

Threepio's prices are ridiculous. Also, the three VC Boba Fett variants (Empire, ROTJ, "Revenge") can often command high pricepoints depending on the seller and which one they've posted. The "Revenge" variant is probably the most valuable.

19. Shazam!

I got that for a fiver at discount shop here.

20. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Especially with the text reading "The Rise of Darth Vader"