(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

We've got a game in hand so if we win that we go top on goal difference anyway. The reaction to the draw was a bit over the top I thought. But then I wouldn't expect anything else from the English media.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yup, England; we're either the greatest team in the world, or we're shite.

There is no middle ground!

3. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Could someone please tell Cardiff City that letting the opposition go 2-0 up inside 8 minutes is NOT how to begin a game!?

I'm so glad we won that game - David James did a damn good job trying to prevent us winning, fair play to him. Could definitely see why Bristol are propping up the table though - utterly toothless in attack, though they did look strong on set-pieces. I think that was more due to us being shit at defending though!

4. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

5. HappyDayRiot

Haha very good! The BBC actually got the CCTV pictures and made an appeal for information on those idiots a week ago... and a girl I work with managed to identify two of them!

I can assure you, the places mentioned are rough as sandpaper. And full of loonies.

6. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

So how long does Roy have at Liverpool? He should not of touched that job after Rafa, it was a poison chalice. Also I think the FA will now not consider him for the England job in 2012.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

'ang about weren't City your pick for promotion this year ;)

Good result to come back from 2 down. I was more than happy with 3-0 and 5 games unbeaten now!

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

On the one hand you can't blame him for taking the job, but on the other it was such a poison chalice. I hope he gets longer but today's resut won't have helped!

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just watched MOTD and dam Jack Wilshire is looking great this term (red card withstanding). Am sure Capello though will not get the best out of him for England as he'll stick him in a rigid 4-4-2 :rolleyes:

11. HappyDayRiot

Well, dark horses. At the time, they had James and Coppell. It wasn't so fantastical! Plus we got odds on them going at 20-1 and was worth a punt. For someone else obviously I don't do betting with predictions like that one!

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

:)

Well I see Strachan has gone, did the decent thing as well by the sound of it.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Sir Alex confirms Rooney wants to leave infact according to Sir Alex...Rooney wanted to leave before the season began :confused: WTF WTF I mean seriously. This stinks of his agent turning his head to bigger £££ contracts, how much fucking money does he want. If Wayne leaves United, his career at the levels hes enjoyed is finished IMO.

I want Capello to come out and Say Rooney is being frozen out of the ENG team till he sorts out is head, we can build a team without him. Everytime ENG gets a special player it gets ruined...

Gazza - Self inflicted career suicide.

Owen/Shearer - Injuries blighted substantial portions of their career

Rooney - Doing a Gazza

:rolleyes:

14. HappyDayRiot

Fuck him. Greed, pure and simple. Take the money asap, he's not the player he was anyway.

Back in real football land, Cardiff cut QPR's dominance to two points, Derby get a fantastic away win at Doncaster and Forest rub salt in Boro's wounds. A good night.

15. Roger Wilco

Tottenham is getting a pretty severe beating by Inter right now. What's the highest an English club has ever lost in the European Cup? :D

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Forget Rooney, clubs needs to look a Bale...

GOD WHY ISN'T HE ENGLISH :scream: good talent wasted on Wales ;).

17. Roger Wilco

Hehe, yeah, my earlier comment would look even more stupid if they had made just another one (or Inter scored one less before halftime), eh? ;)

18. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, one less Inter goal and a creditable draw. As it stands, they lost because William Gallas is fcuking sh1te! :guffaw:

Still, a bit of a concern for Inter though, Gareth Bale nearly beat them on his own.....

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yup a very good night for all three teams; I still can't believe we're 7th! Will it last, who can say but its nice to be on a run of good form for a change.

As for Rooney, gotta love the damage limitation of making it all about the Glazers, clearly his head has been turned somewhere down the line and whatever the reason, he's gone about it in a cack handed way. Have to say though, Ferguson's knack for getting rid of players at just the right time may have deserted him this time; Fergie of old would have likely sold Rooney before the WC!

But lets not be too hard on the lad, prostitutes don't pay for themselves you know...;)

20. Roger Wilco

I don't see what the big deal is with Rooney to be honest. Where is it written that once you sign with United you can never go anywhere else? Footballers transfer all the time, but apparently United think they are "special". Once his contract is up he can go wherever the fuck he pleases. Wake up, you only even got Rooney because you were the richest at the time and now others have more money; English football is shifting.