"Amazing Spider-man 2" discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Samurai8472, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This would be his third version of the character, he's already done his second version on the Ultimate Spider-Man TV series.

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I live just about 25 miles south-east of Rochester NY and I learned yesterday that Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be filming some cars chase scenes here within the month!

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe that's just an intermediary look in the movie and something closer to the comic book look will show up in the later part of the movie?
    Though, the mask would look absolutely ridiculous on the live action screen.

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually it looks like their using the Ultimate version of Electro which I kind of perfer.

6. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I should have included a winking smiley. I didn't really expect them to use the classic costume (at least not the mask anyway), and I do like the look, it's pretty badass, especially the skin tone. It makes him look unearthly.

Now I'm hoping for a lot of electricity puns from Spidey.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

What a shocking idea.

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I am completely deflated by this version of Electro. Looks like a failed makeup test for Avatar. Holding out hopes for a cool Rhino costume.

9. Christopher

I don't have a problem with Electro's look. Anything's better than that stupid yellow starburst mask. And of course you can't judge from a set photo how something will look in the final movie with proper lighting and lenses and image processing and such.

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Not to mention any special effects that might be part of the overall look.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm guessing the makeup is part of the CGI that will be added later on. It seems more and more like they're going with the Ultimate version of the character.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Which was directed by James Cameron, who submitted a script for a "Spider-man" movie

Let's keep this 6 degrees chain going!

13. Christopher

^And Cameron's Spidey movie featured a version of Electro as its main villain!

The latest pictures show that his hoodie has rows of LEDs inside that illuminate his face when lit. I'm betting that the LEDs will be hidden by the camera angle or digitally removed, that this is a clever practical effect to make it look like his face is glowing from within. I like that. I like Webb's commitment to using practical effects as much as feasible, and this one reminds me of a similar, well-done lighting trick from the pilot episode of the 1967 The Invaders. Although I bet it's only for distant or midrange shots where you can't see him too clearly under the hood, and that in closeups or without the hoodie they'll use digital effects to impart a glow.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

IIRC, Marc Webb also consulted with Cameron regarding use of 3-D technology before making the first TAS movie.

15. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Wow.

I hope that's not the finished product because that looks embarrassingly awful. :guffaw:

16. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Were people really expecting the cheesy yellow and green outfit?

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean like Spidey's cheesy blue and red outfit?

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like this look for Electro. I can definitely see a lot of the Ultimate version in the look here.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

It could have at least been a dark green hoodie to maintain a link to the original Electro.