Heavy Lifting

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain McBain, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

If you desired a 4-day lesson on 3-dimensional chess, who would you go to first, and who would be your second choice?

A) Data

B) Spock

C) EMH (EMH is allowed to read any material on the subject, assuming he doesn't have prior knowledge)

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Data would probably have a calmer teaching style, and be willing to answer the same question as many times as needed.

3. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

That title is misleading... But back to the topic at hand.

1) EMH with Barclay's assistance to change the Doc into a simulated Seven of Nine... :drool:

2) See above

3) See above

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll take the EMH. He's very easy to distract and after five minutes of chess we'd be off to Holo-Risa.

5. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Agree on the misleading title, though for me I'm with T'Girl, Data please. Maybe he could also teach me 2D chess as well :)

6. teacake

After the novelty wore off Data would be completely boring to me. I would spend a good amount of time trolling him with too-personal questions though.

7. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The EMH could shrink himself down to the size of individual chess pieces and demonstrate their moves personally as each different piece.

8. teacake

It's interesting that the EMH was not inclined towards chess or the Vulcan jenga Kan-toh. He was more artistic than strategy minded. Data was also interested in artistic pursuits, presumably because the less quantifiable interests where closer to their definition of humanity.

9. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

10. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My first three choices would be Dr. Helen Noel, Deanna Troi, and Jadzia Dax. Sure I'd still lose at chess, but I'd get to spend time with Dr. Helen Noel, Deanna Troi, and Jadsia Dax.

11. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

I think you could say the same about Spock. And I would find Spock to be more interesting and better looking company.