the Wolverine trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Dec 12, 2008.

1. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the trailer a lot. It was interesting and it got me excited for the movie.

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

To be entirely fair, this movie isn't aimed at people who have been reading Wolverine stories since his introduction. Outside of inclusions like Deadpool (who's a B-level character at best, really) and Gambit (ugh), this movie isn't for longtime comic fans so much as it is for people who have seen the last three X-Men movies and seen Wolverine plug his claws through his own chest, nearly die from a "mutant power transfer machine," raise seventeen flavors of hell in X2 and stand face-to-face with a rapidly downward-spiraling Queen Bitch of the Universe in The Last Stand.

I don't think bursting through walls really qualifies as "trouble," anymore. :p

3. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

I'm having serious doubts about this movie. Why the Hell does Sabertooth look nothing like he did in X-Men 1 and wouldn't he remember Wolverine? Creed was pretty damn pathetic in the first movie now suddenly he's a master villain? Or are we just supposed to ignore all that?

I've had my fill of Logan in the first 3 Wolverine movies(otherwise known as The X-Men Trilogy). The character is played out at this point. Don't get me wrong, I like Jackman's take on him, as he's way more of a convincing character then that walking self-parody comics version. And I was NEVER a fan of revealing Wolverine's true origin in the comics as it totally killed the High Plains Drifter/Man with No Name thing he had going, which is what made the character cool in the first place. I'm going to see this movie for Gambit(who should have been in the first three films) and Deadpool( who better have his god damn Ninja outfit on at some point or I'll walk out). Hopefully Tits McGee(Emma Frost) is just a minor cameo and isn't given a chance to suck the fun and life out of this movie like she does every comic book she's in.

Ok, bitchfest done.

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks really good. Looks like they're sticking to his origin pretty well although the trailer suggests he agreed to the whole Weapon X thing. I think this Creed will be a lot better than the original X-Men one, who was all brawn and no brains and Gambit looks pretty cool.

5. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Seriously, can someone tell me how they think this is a riff on The Dark Knight? I don't see it at all.

BTW, thanks for the direct links! :)

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

who is the cutie that turns all white.

Who is the injured girl he is carrying to the beach?

7. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Actually, it was 32 flavors. He started out by raising 31 flavors of hell. But when Baskin Robbins sued him for trademark infringement, he went all berzerk on them and realized a new, 32nd flavor of hell that had been lost since the Middle Ages!:eek:

8. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

Emma Frost turning to diamond?

9. ria 75

ria 75 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My garden, on the other side of the frog pond
    Well, obviously, it's a prequel.
    Hold on, you're probably alluding to something from the comics - which evidently, I haven't read. :D
    I guess it's a prequel for non-superhero comics readers like me.

10. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

HELL YES! ;)

LOTS more Deadpool. In ninja garb. Scarred to hell. And talking to the camera.

THANK YOU MASTAHH

11. Thrall

No I mean wouldn't Sabertooth remember Wolverine from this movie in X-Men.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Well it looks like it'll be a good popcorn flick. I'll check it out (though probably NOT opening weekend).

13. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably the scene with little logan crying over the corpses of his parents, which looks a lot like one of the iconic images of the Batman series.

14. archeryguy1701

I would have to rewatch the movie to be sure, but I don't seem to recall that there was an indication in either direction. Though, the fact that Sabertooth kept Logan's dogtags may indicate familiarity.

15. Thrall

Fair enough, but they could at least explain why he looks so radically different.

16. archeryguy1701

^Maybe after the events of Origins, he went to live alone in the woods, and he grew shaggier simply because he wasn't maintaining his clean appearance anymore. He went "wild" and stopped cleaning up.

17. Thrall

And he died his hair blond. And his eyes grew black. And he grew 5 feet taller. If you want to try and explain that away be my guest but I just wish they had been more consistent in that regard.

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

one imagines that Wolverine and Sabretooth no longer remember each other because of some mind-wiping done by Weapon X.

i'm also assuming at this point, that Sabretooth is shorter and darker of hair because he's yet to be mutated by Weapon X and they'll do something that makes him taller, bigger and weirdly dyes his hair...

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe they will explain why Sabertooth is less feral than he is in X-Men...trailers aren't meant to reveal the entire story.

20. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

It is the job of fanboys everywhere to be nitpicky and bitchy about every little detail. Don't rob them of that one small pleasure! :lol: