2 questions

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by arburke3, Nov 21, 2011.

1. arburke3

arburke3 Cadet Newbie

Hello. I have two questions for you all.
    1 Where is the best place to get Star Strek on DVD for a reasonable price. I'm looking for a x-mas gift for my Dad. I think he really likes the Next Generation?
    2. (If you consider this spam please just ignore me and I apologize.) I am trying to save up some money to move and I was going through my storage unit with all the TY beanie babies and barbies and stuff I collected in my youth and I stumbled upon a Star Trek Ken and Barbie that's never been taken out of it's box. Is that something anybody here would be interested in or would know the value of?

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Check eBay.

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

That's actually an answer to both questions. :lol:

All Trek series are available on DVD and prices have come down considerably since the initial release. In some countries, cheaper DVD packages without much of the additional features were issued a few years back for TNG and DS9. So you should be able to buy them pretty much anywhere where DVDs are sold.

TNG is currently being remastered and will see an HD release on Blu-Ray in the near future (the exact date for the whole release is unclear, though). The picture quality on the DVDs isn't that great so you might want to consider waiting until that release.

As for the dolls, you can check e-bay to find out what people are willing to pay for it. You can also use it to sell them. Please note that soliciting is not allowed here on TrekBBS.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I like to be efficient.

5. BDJ

BDJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You can find all Trek on DVD in various prices on both Ebay and Amazon.

The Barbies are, unfortunately, without significant value. I own two sets and you'd be lucky to get your money back.

They usually go for much less than half their initial cost.

But hey...you can still admire them as part of your collection, right? (at least that's what I keep telling myself)