Once Upon A Time Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I really liked Tinker Bell's story and character. I hope we see a lot more of her.

I guess I'm thick because I did not get a lesbitastic current at all from that scene...

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Wait...that was the first time they implied Mulan had a thing for Aurora? Really? I swear there's been subtext for some time when we saw them last season.

I enjoyed the ep, I like where they've gone this season (I miss some of the Storybrooke characters, but, the stories so far have been great with other characters and focuses)

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I just figured she had hidden feelings but on another site everyone was freaking out over it and the shippers of every type came out... bad word pick.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sapphic.

Lesbionic is shrewdly accurate considering the toys involved.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Mulan's whole thing last season that she madly in love with Phillip and madly mad at Aurora for stealing him from her...?

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Trust me, it was there. Even the reviewer at Entertainment Weekly is now bragging about having seen this coming two years ago. And io9.com has been rooting for "Mulora" for years now.

And remember that bit last season when Mulan literally rescued Aurora's heart and tenderly put it back into her body? "I've never done this before," etc.

That was about as subtle as a XENA episode! :)

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

No. Aurora accused her of being in love with Phillip, but she denied it.

8. Guy Gardener

You might need glasses.

She was mooning over Phillip 10 seconds after meeting him.

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Ehh, I suppose you could interpret it that way, but I certainly never did; just good friends that bonded after Mulan stayed with her initially out of loyalty.

Yarp. The whole "No I'm not" was just a defense mechanism because she saw how much Phillip and Aurora were in love. And then he was eaten by a Wraith. Hence her taking care of Aurora afterwards - loyalty to Phillip.

Aside from the retcon, there's this too. Though to be fair, their options were pretty limited in terms of major characters. Almost everybody else was explicitly in (or had been in) a hetero relationship and Mulan's just implications (one way or the other, I suppose). It could have been Tinkerbell I guess as she's a new character or Henry (and wouldn't that have been an interesting decision?) but Mulan's definitely the safe choice.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I could see

Hook switching teams.

And then of course, there's Peter Pan and his love of little boys, but, I don't think that's an image we want to propagate.

Rumplestiltskin seems like a bit of a swishy Queen, despite being father to Baelfire (Though, prior to becoming the Dark One, he didn't seem to be quite so swishy, just a bit of a coward)

And, Sydney the Mirror? I never did buy into his Heterosexuality

We know very little about most of the Dwarves, almost any one of them could be brought forward to be Gay

11. Guy Gardener

Are fairies sexually mature? Because what I got from Tinkerbell was a 10 year old looking for a friend... And if the love spell was going to hit them, why did it miss that girl and tap Robin Hood?

Unless you're saying that she dodged Hood to get some Tink?

Of course modernday Tink... There was a hatefucking vibe, but again they're still setting up the Prince of Thieves with the Queen of Darkness, are we to believe that she's going to get crushed between two people she's enchanted into gravitating towards each other?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  12. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

So, other than the death knell for Mulan/Aurora shippers, did the Swann/Queen shippers also get the boot this Sunday, since "Robin" is Regina's soul mate.

Hmmm, does that make Regina "Maid Marion", or was Maid Marion someone Robin had to "settle" for when he couldn't have Regina?

Poor Mulan, if she is into ladies, being the only woman in a gang of "Merry Men" is going to be a real trial for her.

13. Guy Gardener

Well that all depends on who Robin had that kid with, and if she's dead or locked in a castle guarded by a dragon.

14. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

We met Marion last season briefly, Rumpelstiltskin spared Robin when he learned about her illness, so she's Roland's dad. Interestingly, Tinkerbell's spell suggests that "true love" might be found with more than one person considering Regina's devotion to Daniel (and Robin's to Marion) - I don't think Robin had to "settle" at all.

None of those really work though for various reasons; Hook and Rumpel for Milah and Emma/Belle respectively, Pan for the implications, Sydney because obsessing over Regina made him a killer, and other than Grumpy none of the other dwarves matter enough. Basically, although I think they're pulling a Willow with Mulan, it's the best choice barring Henry if you want to reveal one of the main (and not brand-new) characters is gay.

Grumpy seemed to think so. :p Although funny you should say that, considering they're nuns in Storybrooke...

15. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have no problem with Mulan being interested in another woman, but it does seem to be a retcon to basically ignore that she was mooning over Phillip during their adventures.

I guess she could have initially been attracted to Phillip and then shifted to Aurora. If so they should just have an joint marriage.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed this one, both the past and present Tinkerbell stuff was good, and I enjoyed the stuff with Neal in the Enchanted Forest. As for the Mulan/Aurora thing, it really doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad to see that I wasn't misinterpreted things with Mulan and Aurora, I thought they were implying she was attracted to Aurora, but I'm not always good at reading that kind of stuff right. They did seem to be trying to hint that she was into Phillip originally, but shows change stuff like that all the time, so that doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad to see them bringing a gay character onto the show.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Marilyn Manson Will Lend His Voice to Once Upon a Time

That should be pretty creepy...

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I've no idea what his non-singing voice sounds like.

19. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

The Mulan thing did throw me for a curveball because, like others, I thought she was in love with Philip.

I liked the episode, Regina being associated with Tinkerbell was great, although I do wonder what purpose Tinkerbell serves for Pan since she doesn't have any magic (maybe she's just the mother figure?).

One bit that nobody has commented on - was that Mjolnir in the cupboard where Neal was searching towards the beginning of the episode?

20. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

That was another good episode. I didnt realize Rumple and Peter Pan had a long history. They've known each other since Rumple himself was a child. It was also surprising to see Pan as the mysterious Piper of Hamelin. It's interesting to note both father and son (Gold and Neal) have crossed paths with Hook and Pan, although at different times and places.