What happened to the rest of Vengeance's Section 31 crew?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cadet49, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Cadet49

Cadet49 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What happened to the rest of Vengeance's crew when Khan took over? Did they try to re-take the ship from him, after he took over the bridge?

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Went through the windshield when the Vengeance crashed. I'm guessing Starfleet doesn't use genuine GM parts. :eek:

3. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any that were still alive would have died in the crash, Sulu said no one should have been able to survive.

I can bet though that Khan shut down life support to avoid any remaining crew to try and retake the Bridge, where as the ones on the Bridge he may have already killed (or at least planned to) before Spock's trick took the Vengence down.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I still don't get why he said that. How would he know? It's not like the ship exploded on impact. Given the nature of the crash it seems entirely possible that a few regular people could have survived.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Lower decks, splatted on impact or drowned when in the stardrives traumatic severance and submertion.

Saucer, likely battered to death or crushed outright.

Bridge, well something of mass had to impact the viewscreen hard enough to smash it through...

6. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

The people in the secondary hull (if any) probably started to have a bad day when the torpedoes exploded.

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Under the circumstances I think it's a minor miracle the warp core apparently didn't breach.

Then again, maybe Khan ejected it beforehand because he wasn't feeling completely suicidal.

8. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmm. Khan did beam our main cast into the Enterprise' brig. Maybe the unconscious Section 31 mercenaries and Robocop's corpse ended up being beamed over too?

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Since that would have meant about 5 other beams on the bridge, and we only see the 3 of the Enterprise crew, nope. He just left them.

10. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

I agree with the poster above. I think when the saucer stopped from it's destruction through the city and tilted downwards, the bridge crew all went out the viewscreen/window. As for the others, I think they were killed by the torpedoes going off as the hull breaches sucked the air out. And he probably suffocated the others by shutting the air off except for the bridge.

11. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be a high probability guess for normal humans. Except Spock did seem annoyed at what Sulu said given Khan is anything but normal.

Yeah. That was not a good place to be. Except the bay did look empty. What's always bothered me is how 72 (six dozen!) torpedoes going off inside the secondary hull didn't just obliterate Vengeance right then and there where she stood in space, especially considering Scotty's concern with their effect on the Enterprise and its warp core. Helluva strong ship, I guess.

12. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

He could have beamed them up to another section of a ship, not locked up. That could have been a subplot.

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I honestly don't think he cared, his plan seemed to consist of taking control of Vengeance and doing away with her minimal crew all along.

14. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Khan jettisoned them through the aft nacelle.

TOS style warp cores didn't go pop every time someone sneezed at them No rolling under a dropping blast door for Scotty; just fix the damn engine and move on with your day.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

There was a definite lack of quality in the 24th century warp cores. Damn things were threatening to blow up all the time.

16. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Part of Khan's work with Section 31 was to come up with technology that protected the warp core.

As for the rest of Vengeance' crew, two words:

Chunky Salsa

17. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Oddly, all of them were from New York city.

TOS engines were more like muscle cars: Something breaks, you grab a toolkit, pop the hood, fix it while downing a beer.

TNG engines: Is like more modern cars. Something breaks, you might be able to fix it, more likely you just going to fuck something up that's more expensive to fix and the engine will blow on you going down the road.

18. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

What happened to the rest of Vengeance's Section 31 crew?

They fell into that portal called 'not needed for the plot'.

19. shatastrophic

shatastrophic Commander Red Shirt

They went to the same place the music comes from...

20. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

They went to the same as Optimus Prime's trailer and Voyager's shuttle supply