Costumes, Anybody?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Davros, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He regenerates into David Hasselhoff?

2. The Blue Savant

The Blue Savant Ensign Newbie

A lot of people, who I happen to call friends, often point to the 6th Doctor's coat and comment that Doctor Who is terrible and site it as one of the reasons.

I answer their outburst, response, or disregards with a resounding face palm.

The coat has history, I'll admit and it's reputation has gone forward and back as good to bad to good to bad.

At it's first appearance, it was thought bad taste... not just by the characters it seems. :) But it grew on people and it suited the 6th Doctor and his personality much in the same way the scarf did for the 4th.

In hindsight, the coat was often frowned upon and regarded as a failed experiment by JNT.

Then came... a couple of decades later... the Blue Coat used for the BFA stories. We could like the 6th Doctor again! And with a better writing staff (not saying his era was full of crap writers, I haven't actually seen any 6th Doctor's stories so I'm reserving judgment. :) ) and a much less antagonized Colin Baker... the 6th Doctor lives on.

And the coat? Well. It's still the more preferred in the Action Figure line. I see it going for a higher price than the blue coat. XD And I'd much rather wear something that was worn on the show than wear something that wasn't.

In conclusion, I love the coat. :)

3. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Believe it or not, that's George Clooney's body... :lol:

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Wait till he finds out what Colin's doing to it... :lol:

5. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Baker's Eleven, and it's inevitable sequel, Baker's Dozen? ;)

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Personally, I think Colin's take on the Doctor, and his long term plan, was interesting and exciting. He was let down by the writing. Truly. Some of his season's are crap.

Him, I like. The stories... meh.

As far as the coat. I like it just fine. I actually like it better than the blue coat, to be honest.

7. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oooooh boy, George is not gonna like that I said that...

8. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

9. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    After buying that SFX magazine special that comes with a blue bow tie, I figured what the hell? So I went to the thrift store today and put together an 11th Doctor costume for $13. :)

I have everything but the suspenders/braces. Need to find some blue ones.

10. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No thanks, I've just eaten. :lol:

11. setvenharis

setvenharis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well...It's not a costume persay, but I am building a Black Dalek Sec. I'd say it's 70% complete.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Loved the Hasselhoff line.

Since when did the 6th doctor star modeling armani?

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I made some shots of my Pertwee costume and thought I'd share.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Davros, your Pertwee is awesome, and although I think your Troughton is great, in the second Troughton Pic, you look very, very Sylvester McCoy, in a Troughton Costume. I'd love to see you as in the second troughton Pic wearing a McCoy outfit, it'd be hard to tell it wasn't him.

15. WRStone

WRStone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last year at Anime Central, my daughters, my niece, and I went dressed as UNIT troops.

[​IMG]

The costumes are good, but the ID cards we're all wearing actually took me some time. Everything in them is carefully hand-crafted vector art. The originals were done with Google Docs and will zoom to any resolution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The QR Codes are all scannable. Note also a couple of the in-jokes. Also note that I, commander of the U.S. UNIT contingent, am "the Commodore." I thought it went well as a counterpart to "the Brigadier."

Dakota Smith

16. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't do costumes anymore as I've added a few pounds (was 140 for years but during the last decade I've expanded to 210), but if I were still "in the game", I'd like to perform Davros. I do have one of the most important pieces, a Wisher styled "over the head" mask...but at the moment, that's the only element I have. Well, I do have the Project Dalek approved plans for his life support chair, but that's a long way from having a physical prop.

Sincerely,

Bill

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

My Halloween costume this year:

[​IMG]

18. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    Putting my Pertwee up in the Starfest 2014 costume contest.

19. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't take it the wrong way, but that reminds me of the Dream Lord actually. :)

20. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, Davros! You have very intriguing facial lines and angles that lend themselves to the Doctor. At least in that shot I see something of Sylvester McCoy around the mouth. Though with the user-name Davros, I'd expect to see you in a "travel machine" convertible, if you know what I mean. ;)

Sincerely,

Bill