Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

So basically it's time to play musical chairs with the "temporary GotG member" now after a year with IM departing.

Enter Carol and Flash/Venom for 2014. That article seems to heavily imply Venom is here for one reason and one reason only, to spur future events in Spiderman. Damn shame we can't just have the Guardians as the focus of their own book. They are writing this as the tail wagging the dog it seems.

Venom will exit, Carol maybe/maybe not and enter the next "temporary GotG member".

Wasn't Angela supposed to be this big deal? Where the hell she run off to?

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So with "Spider-Man" on one or both the Avengers and Mighty Avengers, Scarlet Spider on New Warrirors, and Venom on Gardians of the Galaxy any guesses on what team book they might put Spider-Man 2099 on while he's stuck in the present.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Are Spider-Man and Wolverine still on Hickman's Avengers? I vaguely remember Spider-Man being in the very early issues but he hasn't appeared in any of the Infinity issues, same for Wolvie.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain America put the Superior Spider-Man on Probation. That might have been the earliest Superior Spider-man Team Up... During Infinity, the Superior Spider-Man has been hanging out with the Mighty Avengers.

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Marvel Publishing doesn't care about GotG. They cancelled the DnA GotG. They let Hickman undo most of the cosmic stuff that DnA set up. The only reason they are doing a book is because the Studios are making a movie. The fact they picked Bendis instead of Abnett and Lanning just shows their lack of dedication to the property.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I would say that launching it with Bendis and McNiven and Iron Man showed they were trying to make the title succeed. And then they stuck Angela into it for publicity as well.

7. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bendis may not be amazing (thought his recent stuff is better than anything he did in 8 years with the Avengers) but the fact is he's a draw.

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Bendis' title is my first experience with GotG, but even I have to agree it's a little disappointing that Marvel apparently doesn't feel they can carry their own title and feels the need to add other characters to the line-up. Now I'm sure there will be some interesting stories with Carol and Venom there, and I'll probably enjoy them too, but it's still a little disheartening to see it happen.

Wood's X-Men #7 was an excellent start to what looks like a great six issue arc. I initially picked up this title because Kitty was part of the roster so the fact that she left after the events of BotA is a little disappointing, the addition of Monet to the roster makes up for it though, as this is my first exposure to the character.

9. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're basically the cosmic Avengers (and if there weren't a GotG movie coming out, I'm positive the book would've been retitled Cosmic Avengers with Marvel NOW). There's nothing unusual or wrong with a superhero team having a fluid roster.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Guardians of the Galaxy" has been great under Bendis. Whatever the motivation or reasoning behind the rotating new members (or whatever you want to call it) Bendis has been doing some great work with the book, and it's become one of my favourite titles. Yes, these two new members are an obvious tie-in with the movie, but whatever, all I know so far is that Bendis hasn't disappointed me yet with this book.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Like I said, I am interested to see how both Carol and Venom will fit in with the crew. They need a really good story arc I think to really cement them, so far it's been fun, but nothing really groundbreaking, yet.

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Moon Knight was probably one of his standout characters (along with Beast and Black Widow) on his run of Secret Avengers. It's too bad he didn't stay on longer. The Remender run just wasn't as interesting.

Maybe he'll continue the stuff about the Shadow Council on Moon Knight.

14. Captain Craig

Speaking of Moon Knight

Warren Ellis to guide Moon Knight in '14 as part of Marvel Now title.

I'm excited being that it's Ellis, however I recall being pumped that a big name like Bendis was also going to do MK. Don't trick me twice now with the same character Marvel. I really like MK, please let's get it right.

One one hand it's great he'll be back in NY. On the other hand with Punisher moving out to the West Coast would've been interesting to have them both there.

The attached art page aside I feel we will get the standard MK outfit as Moench is his favorite version of the charcter. So I'm sure the in story reason for that page will make sense in
    context.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see this mentioned below the Bendis/Twitter image initially.

15. Admiral_Young

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

18. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, it was three words instead of two. But those three still work.

19. Captain Craig

Which makes rebooting it pointless. Clearly the same writer can just switch gears, start a new story.

I guess a DD by Waid Omnibus will hit the pipeline in the next year or two.

36 issues will fill an Omni pretty good, 37 if you include the Indestructible Hulk crossover.

20. Admiral_Young

Plus the digital epilogue.