PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That IS a nice old building. But HOLY COW, that forecast hurts just reading it.

2. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's the exact same style that they used for Main Street Station in the Magic Kingdom, so that picture's making me miss Disney World! :wah:

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Haha yeah, I can see what you mean!

Comet bugs me so much while I work that I finally decided to clear out some books to make a spot for him. He's settled in quite happily.

[​IMG]

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

That's a fantastic B&W photo, Kes! I love the framing, composition, etc ... especially the very photogenic subject! Comet's sleeping pose reminds me of my cat, Brooklyn.

[​IMG]

6. Kestra

Thanks but it was just a filter on my phone! And yes, I love the smushed sleepy faces they do. Yours looks so sweet.

7. Greylock Crescent

Well, the filter doesn't compose the image, though. That's all you. And to me, your photo has that classic B&W look - something that would be part of a cool coffee table-type book - in no small part because of the way you framed it. :techman:

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Great shot Kestra!

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Comet's adorable. I like the composition of your photo and how you included your horizontally-stacked classical books in the shot as a balance to the cat.

I see the BBS also makes a small cameo in the shot!

10. Greylock Crescent

^Oooh! I had not noticed that before. Good catch, cooleddie!

To me, the shot has almost a 70s vibe, and I'd imagined the BBS cameo to be something like a turntable stereo system.

Cool.

11. Kestra

Aw, thanks dude. I've been taking more of an interest in photography and I'm having fun with my new camera (though this one was done on my phone). It's nice to have some encouragement because sometimes I feel very overwhelmed!

Thanks!

Hah, I left TBBS open as a nod to auntiehill and TheSeeker's photos in the kitty thread. They both had pics with TBBS open as well.

And sadly the books are going different directions but I had to do that because Comet kept chewing on the ribbons and bookmarks coming out of the top or bottoms of the books. :lol:

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I've had cats almost my entire life. I know that feeling.

:lol:

13. Greylock Crescent

@Kestra Actually, the horizontal books really help the photo. Think of them as a kind of "arrow" toward your subject. The slightly upward angle of the monitor does the same thing. As do the books under Comet, too. Basically, all the lines of the photo are directing the eye toward Comet - which is a very technically sound thing to do. So even if you weren't thinking that technically as you were taking the photo (and you may have), your eye saw it as you framed it.

Which means you definitely have an eye for photography. Keep at it! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

14. Kestra

I was definitely not thinking all those things! But one of my friends has a husband that is into photography and he's been really encouraging and telling me for awhile now that I have an eye for it. It's just fun for me to look through a camera and see the world differently. I can't wait till the weather gets a little better and I can explore the city with my camera.

15. Greylock Crescent

The city is a great place to explore and practice photography. And your friend's husband is right ... you certainly do have an eye for it!

16. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thats my town. :):)

17. Saturn0660

Here's a couple of old school pics from my iPhoto

Very old pic of my son.

[​IMG]

Old pic of my daughter.

[​IMG]

18. Greylock Crescent

Beautiful children! Great floral background on that second photo! And I love the precociousness of the first one!

19. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

was out in the country, sampling, this morning. Glorious sunrise behind fog! I just had to park the car and take a pic :)

[​IMG]

20. Saturn0660

Thats a great pic.