Orangopoid: Scarier than the Mugato?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by BoredShipCapt'n, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

I liked the Mugato, but the wigs...ya..bad

2. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Mugato's follow-up appearance (sans horn) on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

One of the blooper reels has an out-take from I think the final fight scene. One of the stuntmen interrupts the take saying "I'm having wig trouble," as it slips on his head. Though "The Apple" had some pretty awful wigs too, it could be from that.

4. LMFAOschwarz

Somewhere online I remember someone commenting that the guys on Gamma Trianguli VI all had Bill Clinton hair, and now I think of that whenever I see the episode! :lol:

5. RedlaFlizan01

RedlaFlizan01 Cadet Newbie

If change the hair style that do not need to have my hair dyed or curled I will choose the natural style as it will do no harm to my hair. But if I want to try the hair style that has different color and shape from of my hair then I will use the hair wigs and recently I bought a Medium Wigs to change my style and it owns the wasy shape and brown color as my hair is straigght broen style.

6. Praetor Baldric

Praetor Baldric Lieutenant Commander

See, I was able to handle those things. What ruined it for me was Nona doing her little oversexed healing ritual of putting what looked like a fresh dog turd on Kirk's chest while hubby banged a drum.

7. LMFAOschwarz

Oh, me too, certainly. It's one thing to find some amusement in something, but for it to dominate the episode is the choice of someone with a distinct inability to suspend disbelief.

My favorite part of the episode was the Kirk/McCoy argument in the cave. But I tended in general to enjoy those two locking horns over an issue. It gave their relationship a nice depth.

8. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure Kelley loved scenes like that one, and his big jail cell argument with Spock in "Bread and Circuses."

Somewhere or other, I read Kelley saying that he was eagerly looking forward to a big argument scene with Shatner in ST:TMP, but Shatner kept putting off their rehearsal, and Bill finally got the scene canceled because Kirk was coming off bad enough in the story as it was.

Kelley might have thought it was Shatner's vanity, but I agree with Shatner: Kirk should not be made to look bad.

9. LMFAOschwarz

That's interesting, Zap, I hadn't heard that.

Those moments always seemed so 'organic' in they way they stemmed from the characters' personalities. I would've welcomed that in TMP. But yes, Kirk really didn't need more negative traits in that film than he already projected!

10. Sabu The Coconut Boy

Sabu The Coconut Boy Cadet Newbie

I noticed the Mugato costume in another unmentioned TV show. So, these are the appearances I've seen so far:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea:
    "Fatal Cargo" 1967
    [​IMG]

Star Trek
    "A Private Little War" 1968 (with horn and dorsal spines added)
    [​IMG]

Here's Lucy:
    "Lucy's Safari" 1969
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has anyone noticed him in any other TV shows from the era?

Qonundrum and ZapBrannigan like this.
  11. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

First, welcome to the board.

Second, please take some time to read the posting rules, located here:
    https://www.trekbbs.com/rules/#post-11662568

This thread has t been active for over 4 years, so we’re going to let it Rest In Peace.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.