Big Brother

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Keith1701, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

So tonight's the big night and I have some opening night predictions:

First MVP - David
    First To Go Home - Howard
    Final Two - Nick/Kaitlin
    Winner - Nick

From what I read, I'll be pulling for Nick, Kaitlin, Judd, McRae and Spencer, but we have to see how that changes after tonight.

2. Danny99

- God, David is a meathead.
    - Andy is this year’s gay stereotype. When does he have his break down? I had made it clear in previous seasons that they need to ditch this effeminate gay stereotype. I would love if just once they could find a gay man who didn’t fall into it.
    - Seeing Rachel wanted to make me throw up. Luckily we have her clones in Gina Marie and Elissa.
    - Jessie – “Girls are jealous of me….” = Instablock
    - I’ve never really realized how fake and staged these introductions are until now.
    - Judd looks like he’s one step below literate.
    - Definitely pulling for Spencer, McCrae, and to a lesser extent Nick.
    - The “Cherokee” needs to tone that down or we’ll be seeing some lawsuits.
    - Have you ever met a more vain group of women in your life?

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm in the middle of watching it on cbs.com now.

I'm optimistic so far. The only houseguest I actively dislike so far is Ginamarie. She is annoying and I just know the first time somebody nominates her or anyone she likes she's going to throw tantrums. And shut up about Statten Island. I'm from Boston and you don't see me going around talking about Hahvid Yahd.

And David allows me to compare him to the SNL sketch "The Californians" all summer, which is fun to do.

Jeremy is an idiot, why would anyone want to be singled out as the person with privileges?

I like Howard and Spencer so I'm very happy they immediately allied and some of the other people seem entertaining. Nick seems like he's going to be a challenge monster. Heck, he seems like he belongs more on American Ninja Warrior than Big Brother.

Speaking of which I'm more excited about NBC's monday block, American Ninja Warrior and Get Out Alive. I liked that show a couple summers ago that was like Amazing Race except more physically demanding (The one with the Gypsys), and Get Out Alive seems like that show.

4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting first episode. Jessie was the biggest surprise for me, she seemed so sweet in her pre-show interviews. I've been watching the feeds and I just have to say, the girls this year are catty as hell. It's actually really annoying to watch. Also, Jeremy clearly doesn't know how to play this game at all. He is convinced that America will vote for MVP based on who wins the most competitions...why don't you see how that works for you.

There seem to be several loose alliances happening at the moment. Most of the houseguests have already started to annoy me within just 24 hours :lol:. Amanda especially seems to need to be the center of attention, and thinks she's hilarious. Helen, Andy, McCrae, and Judd are my favorites.

Oh, some information for those who REALLY want to be spoiled....

Jessie and Candice are nominated, and Elissa told McCrae this morning that she is the MVP. Oh and everyone wants Elissa out because they think she's Rachel's sister.

5. Jptrekker

Jptrekker Captain Captain

Maybe I missed this during the episode, but is the MVP immune from nomination? I would think that getting MVP and letting it be known would be a great way of getting a target put on one's back, although it does seem that the houseguests are never smart enough to evict the strongest players when they have the chance.

Speaking of not being smart enough to evict strong (and very annoying) players, Rachel's sister has got to go.

6. JirinPanthosa

The MVP is secret. You make your nomination in the diary room and they reveal it right before the veto. If I were MVP I'd nominate the enemy of the person I wanted out.

I haven't seen the live feeds, but based on the show Elissa hasn't done anything that annoys me. And Rachel had some annoying moments, but (I didn't watch her second season) in her first season she was less annoying than the other people in the house, and an Amazing Race she's 10x more likable than her wussy partner.

Why do they keep giving Jeff work? First they cover up his blatantly homophobic comments on the live feed, then they make him the worst team in Amazing Race history (Even less likable than Colin), now they're giving him the jobs they're supposed to give charming people.

7. Spot's Meow

What do you mean when you say they weren't a likeable Amazing Race team? I wasn't a huge Jeff and Jordan fan on Big Brother, but I liked them as a team on Amazing Race and felt bad about the way they went out.

Anyway, yes, the MVP can still be nominated and voted out.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I miss Big Brother After Dark on Showtime, it was like having the feeds in giving a much better handle on the houseguests. It's actually on the TV Guide Channel(!) now but it's not quite the same as it appears to be censored, not to mention an hour shorter and filled with TV Guide listings.

9. JirinPanthosa

On Amazing Race, Jordan was an airhead and Jeff was a domineering douche constantly desperate for attention. You know how I said David makes me want to imitate the SNL sketch "The Caliornians"? Jeff and Jordan made me imitate 'Two a-holes'.

10. Danny99

Jeff and Jordan are the new post-All Star season Kaysar and Janelle. The majority of fans love them, but we see them so much they begin to grate on the nerves. Like Boston Rob and Amber did for a time.

11. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What did you think of the first episode so far?:)

12. Danny99

^^ Well from spoilers, I know I was off the mark, but I'm still pulling for the five I said I would.

Kaitlin is walking a tight rope because if she ends up in a showmance with Jeremy, Mr. I'm one sixteenth Cherokee and because of that use every bad stereotype against those people ever, she's going to lose my support pretty quick.

Please please send David or Elissa home this week. I don't know how the house guests figured out Elissa's Rachel connection so quick, but she is just as grating as her sister. David is stupid and dangerous, a combination that will work well in politics some day.

13. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My favorite is McCrae, but I don't think I would have wanted HOH so soon it puts a target on your back if you ask me.;)

14. JirinPanthosa

Boston Rob wasn't an insecure faux-macho douche and Amber wasn't a submissive airhead. Rob was good at plotting, Jeff was terrible at it. The fans only like Jeff because of the editing and because he was the main enemy of Jesse. Technotronics-loving gay-hating blank-personality moron.

If I met Jeff in real life I'd have to fight the urge to punch him. If I met Rob intending to punch him, he'd probably talk me into punching myself.

I think Aaryn is in really good position to get far in the show, but I think Spencer's got a shot to go far. I'll be pulling for him. Still nobody who particularly annoys me, but I'm sure now that people are being nominated that will start.

15. Danny99

If Aaryn is hitching her horse to David, she won't last long.

16. Spot's Meow

Aaryn won't last long, period. She's managed to really piss people off in the past few days, both inside and outside the house. She's the definition of a "mean girl" and Amanda has started calling her Regina (from the Mean Girls movie). Aaryn has made a lot of racist, homophobic comments and is just generally negative and talks shit about everyone constantly. It's exhausting to watch. It's also hilarious that she thinks "her side" (Aaryn, David, Kaitlin, Jeremy, Jessie, GinaMarie) is totally in power and will get to choose who goes home every week, yet they don't have HOH and two of them are nominated...yet somehow she's still on a power trip.

She's REALLY hurt David's game, because he is very likely the one going home tomorrow. I guess I should mention he was nominated by MVP (Elissa). The other side of the house has decided that keeping Elissa makes more sense because she is not the strongest physical threat and if she continues to get MVP they can use that to their advantage if she's working with them. David is a strong guy and has aligned himself with the wrong people. Aaryn has told him it's stupid to campaign because it's 100% certain Elissa is going home. So it should be a pretty big shock come tomorrow night...

17. Danny99

I think we can call this "The Dumbass Company"

18. JirinPanthosa

I haven't been watching the feeds, I had no idea how bad they edited Aaryn. She really goes around making racist homophobic comments?

If you watch the feeds do any of them come off as decent human beings?

19. Danny99

Even from the CBS edit, she's painful to watch.

If her world revolves around David, a guy she met a week ago, she's a sad little girl.

20. Spot's Meow

Aaryn and GinaMarie have said the worst comments, saying that Helen (Asian American) should shut up and go make some rice, they don't like Candice's voice because it's "too white," they've made Asian eyes to make fun of Helen, repeatedly referred to Andy as a queer, called welfare "n**** insurance," and many other disgusting comments. Mostly they make racial comments about Candice.

This year's batch has come off really badly. Aaryn and Jeremy are definitely the worst, but others have been really catty or offensive as well. Pretty much the only nice, normal people are Judd, Andy, Nick, Helen, McCrae, and strangely enough Elissa. Candice is alright but has an incredibly annoying voice and Amanda has to dominate every conversation. Spencer was cool at first but has now made many really sexist or downright creepy remarks. He even whipped his thing out just to show it to the camera, with an icky grin on his face. And Jeremy is the biggest douchebag on the planet.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there's a showmance brewing...between Amanda and McCrae! Such a bizarre pairing.