Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Future's End is one of my top 5 Voyager episodes, I love Sarah Silverman and she makes me forget what the episode is actually about as Rayne Robinson. The only thing that would have made it a better episode is Tuvok in Hammer pants.

2. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Those episodes make me sit back and really think about how ancient the 90's were compared to now. It's interesting to see how far we have come. Rayne was definitely a highlight. Also when Neelix and Kes become engrossed in soap operas!

Seeing how teenagers are dressed.
    Tuvok: We could have just worn our uniforms. I doubt anyone would have noticed.

3. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

I don't know. I find that a bit judgmental, considering that Tuvok may have seen many an alien dressed in stranger fashion, I don't see why he made such disparaging remark which wasn't even isolated, Chakotay said something to the same effect about "interesting species". This made me feel kinda uneasy, like that episode's writers were a bunch of old farts instead of visionaries, as is the norm in Star trek productions in general...

4. Janeway’s Girl

To me, Tuvok has a sort of deadpan humor. Even though he doesn't mean it to come across as humor. Every decade has some horrible fashion.

5. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    The '90s were only 20 years ago. Hardly "ancient." :vulcan:

6. Janeway’s Girl

I meant that in regards to technology. The internet was just starting to be used by the public, it was rare to even own a computer! Not to mention the cell phones were huge and couldn't perform the tasks we use them for nowadays.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He is dry dry dry deadpan just like Spock was :)

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think most families owned a computer in 1995. One family, one computer that kids had to ask permission to use. Modems were 28,000 bps and AOL still charged by the hour and thought they could make themselves 'The internet'. And you could still sell a video game based on being fun without having to spend millions of dollars on cinematics. So basically the stone age. :)

And in all fairness to Tuvok, teenagers have looked ridiculous for decades.

9. Janeway’s Girl

I didn't start using a computer (in school) until 1997 and didn't own one until 2000. I guess everyone else was farther along than my family.

10. teacake

I got on the internet in 97 but had computers quite a few years before that.

11. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

I bought my first computer in the late seventies... Granted it was only a commodore 64* , but it seemed like a big deal back then... I used that computer for a slew of things. I got my first internet connection in 1987. Granted it was incredibly slow compared to now but it allowed me to send and receive E-mails, or the equivalent thereof.

It was a Vic 20 actually, I got the commodore a couple years later.

12. teacake

And now we can do all this and ten times more on our phones.

This makes me happy.

13. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Maybe YOUR phone, I try to input a website on mine and I set an alarm for whatever time it is. Stupid Smartphone. Makes me wonder what Trek tech makes for screens that never scratch or get filled with salt or what ever. I'm glad I don't rely on emergency beam-outs or I'd be totally ******.

14. teacake

heh, okay you are right I cannot do an emergency beam out on my phone. I have a copy cat android style phone, nothing fancy. Every time I think of upgrading I end up thinking I'd be better off with a tablet and a crappier phone.

15. Janeway’s Girl

I use my iPhone for the internet a lot because I'm too lazy to turn on my computer. The one annoying thing is for some reason I can't post pictures/videos on here from my phone. I can on other forums, just not here.

16. Whiskeyjack

Whiskeyjack Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey, new poster here, I used to post quite a bit back in the usenet days in the Voyager group when Voyager was enjoying its original run.

Kind of funny to see not too much has changed, after all this time we are still debating Tuvix :-D

17. teacake

aaaaahaha yeah. Welcome.

18. summerwind3

summerwind3 Ensign Red Shirt

Hello all! Happy to be here! I've been a fan of Voyager for many years and am finally re-watching the entire series thanks to Netflux... Rediscovering favorite episodes and catching others for the first time. I look forward to partaking in the fun here! :)

19. Bud Brewster

Bud Brewster Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

How have I managed to overlook this board for so long? I guess I've been too preoccupied with my own science fiction message board (which I won't name until I find out if it's permitted).

I'm looking forward to exploring it.

How long have I been a Star Trek fan? Ever since I saw Forbidden Planet -- Star Trek's honorary godfather -- at the tender age of eight in 1956. (Yes, I'm the victim of Temporal Progression -- that lethal and incurable condition which infects us all. I'll be dead in a matter a decades. cough, cough . . .)

Which series do I like the best? Well, Voyager stole my foolish heart when the DVDs started coming out and I was able to "bing watch" episodes to my heart's content. I'd like to find the studio executives responsible for preventing a few Voyager movies from being made and allow Khan to stick those nasty worms in their ears.

Which character is my favorite? Gee, that's a tough one! When I want to be cheered up, Neelix is my moral officer. When I want to identify with someone struggling to "find himself", Harry Kim is a loyal friend. When I want be dazzled by a lovely lady, Seven of Nine (after the makeover) raises my blood pressure, and when I want to bring it back down, well . . . "Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

What I wouldn't give for a compete physical from the Doctor. I'd end up living as long as Klaatu was supposed to before he got shot!

Which star ship is my favorite? Oh my and goodness me -- that's not a fair question. The galaxy class Enterprise is fabulous, and the Enterprise in Enterprise cheated by being a bit more to my liking than the original Enterprise (even though it was supposed to pre-date it). And the super-streamlined version in the last three TNG movies was slicker than snot on a doorknob!

But Voyager manages to look noble, solid, reliable, and damn-near indestructible -- all in one gorgeous 23rd Century package. Yes sir. That's my sweetheart. :D

And that, in a nutshell, is me. :mallory:

[​IMG]

20. teacake

Welcome you two! Just jump in anywhere!

And Bud you can post your sci fi board in your sig, or just mention it whenever you like as long as you're not selling stuff!

My favorite starship is the NX-01, though I was never into ships that one just grabbed be hard.