NHL Season Discussion - 2013/14

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Danny99, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

cbc.ca had a poll question about whether he plays again. I think he gets sorted out and comes back and is the most relevant Masterton winner since Jason Blake.

2. Danny99

So odds of the Leafs making the playoffs is now almost zero.

3. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

:lol: I think there's more people cheering for Winnipeg than there is for Phoenix. And the game's in Phoenix. :lol:

4. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think with tonight's results, it's fairly safe to say that we can stick a fork in those mighty goal shakers from DC. So long Craps and look forward to that new management team coming in sooner rather than later!!! :rofl:

5. Danny99

Washington, like the Leafs and New Jersey, still have a chance. It all hinges on Columbus and whether they decide to blow a tire in this last week.

6. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fire Gillis Fire Gillis, :rommie:
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js3lCPewaVI[/yt]

This should have been done last June

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a hell of an experience for a first time going to a Stanley Cup Playoff game. That building was electric all night long, and it was so much fun.

I went with my father (Who just bought a Sharks 10 pack through is company) tonight and I really wanted to get there early to see warm ups and experience the playoff atmosphere. From when they turned off the lights to pretty much the end of the game that building was fun to be in all night long. I've never experienced anything like that at any sporting event and it was incredibly awesome. If I don't go to another game, I will be said, but I'm glad I got to experience this moment.

As for the game, the Sharks looked iffy in the first period. They looked like they were dominating, but they couldn't control the puck and made some mistakes that led to the two goals. That and Niemi should have stopped the second one. Once the second period started, Oh my god the Sharks turned it on in a huge way. They dominated all facets of that game, and I will say this now. **** Havlat. Mike Brown DESERVES to play in LA because he was amazing tonight. I just saw the hit of Taffoli into Quick (Yeah it was the first period) again and it was still as awesome as it was live.

The third period I got excited when I saw Hertl on the top line with Thornton and Burns and Pavelski controlling the third. It was like that happened and the Sharks took thier game to an entirely new level. Remember the game against the Rangers where Tomas Hertl announced his presence to the entire NHL and Don Cherry became the ultimate grumpy old man? That's what this game felt like. Sharks were on a 5 on 3 and you knew they were going to score. It was their night and they have officially gotten into Quicks head. When this team is on, it is amazing to watch. Oh, and I'm still thinking about Roenick calling Marleau Gutless. Alrighty than.

Great experience all around tonight and a great end to Easter Sunday. I hope the Sharks don't get complacent for Game 3 and if they start out hot, I don't think the Kings have a shot. Sharks need to keep the foot on the gas pedal and move forward.

8. Danny99

From TSN.ca

About damn time.

I have been saying for years that Crosby is not a leader and hopefully more people are starting to realize it.

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

What article is that from?

10. Danny99

Was on tsn.ca, but it's been removed.

11. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Getting nervous for tonight's game. Honestly i don't know if I can emotionally handle the Kings being in another Cup final :lol:

12. Danny99

13. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Congrats to the Kings AND the Blackhawks for a great series. Looking forward to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Quick question to anyone who cares to respond; what is with hockey players and facial hair? I believe all of the Kings and Hawks had beards and moustaches. Is it just with those two teams or is it a league wide thing?

14. Danny99

Don't ask me how it started, but playoff beards is a tradition across the league and the minors.

15. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

From here it says it was started in the 1980's by the NY Islanders.

16. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Yep. The Playoff Beardâ„¢ has a long tradition in hockey now.

Congrats to the Kings and Rangers, btw. Even though I'm a Devils fan, I have to cheer for the hometown, EC team (longshot though it may be) ...

17. Ashu

I am not going to lie I am stressing out about this series. Looking forward to it though. It's going to be a good match up. Heck, I'm surprised we got through Chicago.

18. Savage Dragon

Time to stick a fork in the Rangers.

19. Ashu

Darn Right. I particularly enjoy how they wave their white flags before the game even starts :evil:

20. Savage Dragon