Sexiest Episode ?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hux, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Voyager, season 7 Workforce II the scene AFTER Janeway burns Jaffen's dinner and she brings him coffee before curling up in his lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1OFvyxfBhk

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1OFvyxfBhk[/yt]

Voyager, season 5 Timeless, Janeway & Chakotay in her quarter's discussing the pros & cons of using the slipstream drive to get home.

Janeway is the only one who can make such a discussion sound sexy. (Sorry, can't find it on youtube any longer.)

Let me set the scene.

Its Janeway's quarters, the lights have been dimmed, the table is set for two with a floral centerpiece. They are both still in uniform. :rolleyes:

JANEWAY: Come in. Commander, I hope you've got an appetite.
    CHAKOTAY: Famished, but I assumed you called me here to talk about the Slipstream flight.
    JANEWAY: No reason to cancel our dinner plans. I've programmed a dish my grandmother used to make back on Earth. Vegetable biryani.
    CHAKOTAY: Sounds delicious. I didn't know you could cook. JANEWAY: Normally, I draw the line at a pot of coffee, but tonight is a special occasion.
    CHAKOTAY: Oh?
    JANEWAY: Our last night in the Delta Quadrant. I'd say that's special enough.
    CHAKOTAY
    : You've made your decision.
    JANEWAY: We launch tomorrow at oh eight hundred. You and Harry will take the Delta Flyer. Voyager will be right behind you.
    CHAKOTAY: The crew will be pleased.
    JANEWAY: You can give them the news yourself, after dessert. What about you, Chakotay? What do you think about my decision?
    CHAKOTAY: I've analyzed Harry's flight plan. The theory is sound, but there are just too many variables. If something goes wrong in that slipstream...
    JANEWAY: It could be our only chance to use the Quantum Drive.
    CHAKOTAY: True, but if you showed this data to any Starfleet engineer they'd think we were out of our minds. We can find another way home. We've waited this long.
    JANEWAY: Long enough, we've waited long enough. I know it's a risk, probably our biggest one yet but I'm willing to take it. Are you with me? :drool:
    CHAKOTAY:
    Always. :mallory:

(Then she stands up, walks around the table to stand next to him before resting her hand on his shoulder.)

JANEWAY: Speaking of risks. Are you ready to try some home cooking?
    CHAKOTAY: I'll alert Sickbay. :rofl:

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I will have to watch that tonight, but I'm starting TOS: The Menagerie first. But that will be enough time for me to be under the influence :shifty: before watching Janeway try to get Chakotay's clothes off.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So are you preparing your neurons in order to withstand this scene or in order to fully appreciate this scene?

4. Melakon

Actually, I didn't make it all the way through Menagerie Part I before finally giving up and going to sleep, as I'd been awake for 18 hours when I made the post. So I'll probably just go straight into "Timeless" later today. But first I want to check the used vid store to see if they still have TOS Season 3 remastered in dvd. Haven't gotten into an altered state of consciousness yet today though, but I don't go outside in that condition.

Edit One Hour Later: Well, got TOS Season 3, but it's original effects and not remastered like my other 2 seasons. But that's okay, because it's the first time I've had all the original episodes since someone stole parts of my vhs collection 20-odd years ago. I was interested in the remastered effects only as a novelty anyway.

Now I will go expand my consciousness and watch Janeway try to seduce Chakotay. Downside: Harry wallowing in self-pity because "I killed them!"

Edit an Hour After That: I've just watched the scene, and it's running in the background so that I can go back and watch what I'm missing. I am under the influence, and whether it's due to Kate Mulgrew or something else, you can draw your own conclusions.

The immediate thing that hit me near the end of the scene is the seduction interpretation can be possible solely through Kate's performance. Her body language through the whole scene is her showing the Woman instead of the Captain. It's in her posture, her hand movements, her eyes. Kate's always doing this in different ways with Janeway.

Beltran is playing it as straight as he can, all business, keeping the voice flat, as either focused on the immediate technical problems with the ship, trying to ignore her advances, or both. What some consider to be Beltran's wooden reactions works to an advantage here.

And even if they did decide to make the beast with two backs right then and there, Harry's expected to deliver a report in less than an hour.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  5. teacake

OH I doubt that Chak needs more than an hour.

6. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not just her way as Janeway. :mallory:

When you listen to Natasha Lyonne talk about Mulgrew re: OitNB, its obvious that she does the same thing in person. :)

7. Melakon

There's a lot of herself in the character. Shatner did much of the same thing as Kirk. Watch him in episodes of different shows from the 60s prior to Star Trek, and Kirk's personality is already there.

8. teacake

^Another similarity between Kirk and Janeway.

9. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surely more needs to be said about this subject

And in hindsight, i think i might be changing my mind about "Counterpoint". Kashyk is convincing as a sexual being but Janeway is a little off. She's like a woman who has forgotten how to flirt or be sexual and so she ends up over egging her pudding. Like the way Miley Cyrus sticks her tongue out because it's her sexless understanding of what being sexy would look like (and one suspects that only when Cyrus eventually starts having decent sex will she actually stop doing it)

10. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

put 'sex' in a title and bam 48 posts later :devil:

sexiest episode...hmmm...tough. I could think of sexy scenes. I'll get back on this.

11. Inactive-Shapeshifter

Inactive-Shapeshifter Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wen i sow that episode i realized i acted like that everyday on school during boring classes. :rommie:

12. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Body and Soul.

13. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I was going to say "Body and Soul" too! :lol:

14. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah I don't really get the love for Counterpoint, I didn't like that one too much.

Sexiest episode? The one where Seska was still human and trying to jump Chakotay's bones. Yes please. Little bit less hot with the baby thing though.

15. teacake

IF he had really loved her he would have gone after that baby even though it wasn't his.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've mentioned this before, but that happened to Doctor Doom on nip/tuck.

An unexpectedly black baby appeared instory to white parents.

"I've loved that baby unconditionally for the last 9 months. It doesn't matter that I'm not his father."

17. teacake

A true Christmas story. That would have made a great Voyager Christmas ep, Chakotay's essential emo-ness compels him to go after the baby he loved before he knew whether he had contributed his single cell towards its existence. Love is greater than DNA.

Except for Cullah. He doesn't count because, bad hair.

18. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjN8WDaPT8k[/yt]

19. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Ch0DKL6sE[/yt]

20. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As "Community" demonstrated, with slow motion scenes and some stirring music, you can pretty much make any couple look romantic/sexual

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmppDBNJVpo[/yt]

Harry Kim had no chemistry with anyone (including himself) maybe a smidgeon with Tom

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014