Episode of the Week: We'll Always Have Paris

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Jeyl, Jan 9, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If they explain everything, then there's no fun in dissecting the episode and coming up with theories on what actually happened. :techman:

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Except in both of those episodes, there's really nothing to dissect. It just happens and trying to come up with theories on why it happened is as pointless as it's relevance in future episodes. i.e. none. To have the solution to a problem involve something spontaneous and unexplained is just an easy way out for writers who end up just writing it off as "It's a mystery we may never solve!". Which we'll get to someday in The Royale.

3. BillJ

But I don't mind some episodes using it and I love The Royale.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  4. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

A pity it's own writer cannot say the same.

5. BillJ

And? I don't give two shits whether Tracey Torme likes the episode or not. I also like Hide and Q, even though Maurice Hurley hated Roddenberry's rewrite so much that he took his name off of it.

Any given episode is a collaboration...

6. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Well, everyone is entitled to their own informed opinions. I myself question episodes where there can temperatures below absolute zero, and how an enlightened Captain who thinks humanity will be like angels and gods can compliment an officer for not saving a child's life.

7. BillJ

A scientifically inaccurate episode of Star Trek! God knows we've never seen that before or since The Royale.

Saving a child's life and bringing one back to life are completely different animals and I think you know that.

8. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

A point Picard will make to Data in The Neutral Zone (except for the "child" part).