Phase II begins re-filming "Mind Sifter"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by PattyW, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I don't see the 36/22 as automatically creepy, although I have always been involved with older women (even now). That said, I can see the gap as being bridgeable. Just as an aside what about a 50/36 difference? Let me spell it out more clearly about my own preferences: young enough to be my daughter, probably not interested. Old enough to my granddaughter, not gonna happen. No trophy brides here, thank you.

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The board's policy is not to trim messages. They usually just close a thread if they feel it's become a problem.

3. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    A 22 year old woman is fully grown and can romance anyone she likes. There isn't anything creepy about it.

And creating drama was the point of the romance in the original outline. I have no idea what D.C. Fontana has planned now.

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That kind of ageism is gone today. As with anything in the fan films, it will all depend on how it's written and presented, if Phase II chooses to go this way.

5. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Well, unless you're a dad with a daughter in college who's dating a guy in his mid-thirties. Trust me on this. :lol:

6. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I remember correctly there was a pretty big gap between Lenore and Kirk in "Conscience of the King". I think the actress was only 20 at the time.

7. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I believe she was supposed to be 17...

8. Kelso

Here's an update that Brian Holloway posted as a comment on James Cawley's page
    :

" For the
    record: "The Holiest Thing" is being
    technically reworked and no release
    date has been determined, "Bread &
    Savagery" is being edited by Mark
    Burchett and may require a pickup
    shoot, "Origins: The Protracted Man"
    has been indefinitely shelved due to a
    number of reasons & reshoots
    needed, and "Mindsifter" will likely be
    Brian J Gross's premier as Captain
    Kirk this fall."

9. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Actually, Lenore Karidian was only 19 years old to Kirk's 33. But then again, Lenore was koo koo for Cocoa Puffs, so maybe not the best example. :cool:

And FWIW, I dated a 19-year-old for a few months when I was 31. Nothing weird about it at all, other than the relationship Wore. Me. Out. :rofl:

10. doubleohfive

Well that's unfortunate. I wonder what could possibly have gone wrong with "The Holiest Thing" to delay it for so long? Last we heard it was just color-correction issues. Unless this is all still related to the studio move?

Sucks about "Origins," but given what a troubled history that episode seems to have, not altogether surprising. Given all the bad blood, my first guess is that Phase II might just want to start over from scratch to avoid any connection to Vic Mignogna.

I am looking forward to "Mind-Sifter" though and appreciate the update regardless.

11. doubleohfive

I think the youngest I've ever dated was about seven years younge than me -- she was 23, I was 30. The oldest was 47, when I was 34. Neither relationship ever went very far, but our respective age never really factored into either.

12. Kelso

And here's an update from the PII Facebook page:

'Since a few people keep asking about
    previous episodes shot that have yet to
    come out I will lay it out for you in order...

"Origins: The Protracted Man" has been
    shelved indefinitely due to various reasons.

"Bread and Savagery" is currently being
    edited by Mark Burchett and will require pick
    up shots

"The Holiest Thing" is being worked on, no
    release date yet

"Mind-Sifter" is currently in post-production,
    and when it is ready we will let you know of
    the release date.'

13. doubleohfive

In the comments of that particular post:

That makes sense. Looking forward to seeing it!

14. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

That's where I am coming from. And not just "a guy in his mid-thirties" but "my good friend in his mid-thirties with whom the relationship can only lead to heart-ache (based on earlier relationships and his "marriage" to his ship)"

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure that a 22 year old is "fully grown". Physically yes, but the level of maturity and ability to handle temporary or throw-away relationships would depend on the individual.

Also, with both HT and MS in "post production" there is currently no way to know if they'll discover missing footage or footage that needs to be refilmed for technical reasons in MS, so there's no way to predict which will hit the internet first. (according to the production, they were going to pick up some footage needed for HT during June. I assume they did and they won't find anything else needing to be reshot.)

"The Protracted Man" (aka "Origins") is missing key footage from actors that won't return to film them. While I was involved, there was talk about salvaging the existing footage by folding it into another episode. There was no talk (at that time) of doing anything simply for the sake of eliminating any "connection" to anyone. It just wasn't a complete episode so there was no way to release it. (as of Nov 2013)

15. doubleohfive

But you aren't anymore. As has been pointed out numerous times by James Cawley himself. So... I'm not seeing the relevance.

16. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

keep baiting....I'm not biting.

17. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

As someone not affiliated with any fan production, and only interested in reading about the progress of this discussion, I'm constantly getting annoyed that you keep making comments that revolve around whatever importance you once may or may not have had in a production. It's getting really tiresome. If you're not involved in a production currently, whatever you have to say about it is irrelevant.

But since I'm not involved in a production, any opinion I have on the subject must also be irrelevant in your eyes. Excuse me for not being famous.

18. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Sorry if this is too salacious a topic to be brought up (and if so, I'll say no more about it), but I don't know anything about this and I'm just curious: what, exactly, is the nature of the "bad blood" between Phase II and Continues? I know Vic Mignogna used to work with the Phase II people (I saw him and Michelle Specht in "Kitumba") and presumably now do not; what went on?

Again, sorry if this is a sensitive area or if I've inadvertently put my foot in it.

19. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

ClayinCA, when there is a fight, people often disagree about what happened. There is no way this can be discussed without fanning flames from cooling embers that are best left to die out. Please drop this subject.

20. JT Perfecthair

JT Perfecthair Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Maybe you should do up a sticky of topics that you've decided we are Allowed to talk about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.