Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Just saying hello to the recent new members - welcome to trekbbs :D

2. User897

User897 Cadet Newbie

I am a bit of an old timer and may have had an account here before, but no matter. I'm here now, and thanks for the warm welcome!

3. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

welcome aboard :)

M

4. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

5. kirsten187

Hello new members, welcome to the boards.

6. RakeWorm

RakeWorm Guest

Hello, new member here.

I grew up watching DS9 and Voyager, with a smattering of TNG when my dad wanted to show me what the "best" show was like. I'm currently going back through TNG and the original series to catch any episodes I missed.

Though I don't think a series can ever come close to what Voyager was for me. It holds a pretty special place in my childhood.

I'm also looking to get into the novels, though I'm not quite sure where to start.

7. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

Hello again. I am not exactly new to Trekbbs; I am a returning member looking for a new start.

8. kirsten187

Welcome back.

9. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

If you wanted to stay anonymous you should have chosen a different username. ;) If you old account is still active you should drop T'Bonz or any of the other admins a line (per mail since you can't PM yet) that you now have this account to avoid any trouble because of multiple accounts (which are against the rules). If you were banned before, you should also definetely mail her.

Anyway, welcome back.

10. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

My old account was closed(by request). I e-mailed Tbonz already. I mentioned I'd becoming back one day, but none of the administrators I e-mailed told me I couldn't.

11. Count Zero

No, coming back is ok. If your other account was closed anyway, there shouldn't be a problem, anyway. But if it had still been open this new account might have been seen as a dual. In such a case it's best to let the admins know that nothing nefarious is going on. You did that already so everything's fine. :)

12. Master_Funk

Master_Funk Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone. I'm a relatively recent trekkie . I was always aware of the series having caught glimpses of voyager on TV every so often. My first real exposure came from watching Enterprise (yeah I know) . At the time, I thought it was alright but never really got into it .

After a few years, I caught the trek bug again with the JJ abrams movie. I thought it was awesome and really wanted to give the 'old universe' a shot. My friend told me the original series would a be a little rough to start with, so told me to watch the movies starting with Khan. I watched all the original series movies and stopped before generations knowing the TNG connection. Like most people, I agree that 2 and 4 are just great movies in general, though I enjoyed 3 and 6 for what they were.

Then came TNG which I just blazed though and loved, season 1 not withstanding.I am now working through DS9 which is pretty different but so far so good.

Thats the gist , and I hope to be a good member of the community.

13. Sysyphyx

Sysyphyx Lieutenant Red Shirt

Greetings Earth creatures. Big Trek fan here. My favorite episode is TNG Season 6 Episode 23, "Rightful Heir". Favorite film is The Motion Picture. But my interests go way beyond Star Trek. l'm also a big fan of horror and fantasy. l worship at the altar of H.P. Lovecraft, and am currently awaiting the triumphant, repugnant return of dreaming Cthulhu. :techman:

l've been lurking on this site for a few months now, reading the Trek related headlines, but l just recently discovered the forums section, which looks very active and diverse when compared to the horror forum l've been on which is in the process of dying. l hope to meet a lot of cool people here, and maybe even meet some folks to level-up with on Star Trek Online.:cool:

14. Count Zero

Welcome to TrekBBS!

There's also a Trek Gaming section on the board where you should be able to find people who also play Star Trek Online.

15. Sysyphyx

Sysyphyx Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks!

16. Kuro Pit

Kuro Pit Cadet Newbie

Hi all.
    I've been a Trekkie for awhile. I mainly watch TOS, TNG, DS9 and the movies. My favorite Trek movie is Khan.
    I do have alot of interiests outside Trek. And i hope to be a good member of the community.

17. kirsten187

Hello new members - welcome to trekbbs :)

18. arsenal6

arsenal6 Ensign Newbie

hello everybody

19. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello arsenal6. Welcome to the board.

20. kirsten187

Hi arsenal6 - how are you?