NEW DAY OF THE DOCTOR TRAILER!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Mage, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Also, you need something really big and threatening to bring multiple Doctors together. In previous multi-Doctor specials there was usually a lot at stake as well. Speaking of which, I loved it when the first of those, The Three Doctors, was referenced in the trailer with Ten saying the exact same line as Two in that special ("Oh, you've redecorated! I don't like it.").

2. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While thats true, it still looks awfully exclusive to the post-2005 Doctors (and even then, not all of them ;) ).

Its a staple. The Fourth Doctor also thought the TV Movie's/Eighth's TARDIS interior looked ostentatious, the Fifth didn't like Nine/Ten's desktop theme, and so on.

Strangely, though, the First Doctor didn't seem to mind Fifth's interior, including the brand-new console.

3. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

The Fourth Doctor serial "Genesis of the Daleks" could be considered the opening battle of the Last Great Time War. What else would the Daleks consider an attempt to retroactively wipe them from history to be? I bet we could pinpoint other oldWho stories that would fit in the Time War story, so it's not an exclusively nuWho event.

HurtDoctor's quote "Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame" is a very un-Doctor-y quote, so this incarnation is clearly radically different from his antecedents and successors. Was he just "born" that way, or was he coerced to be that way?

5. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the Time War is an NuWho concept that was retroactively applied to OldWho, but I see what you mean.

RTD also suggested that Remembrance of the Daleks was the unofficial start of the war, what with the destruction of Skaro and everything.

If he IS a Doctor, and one thats an in-between-er, I'd rather hope he was un-Doctor-like for a reason.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Two legs bad, 8 legs good.

Is anyone else thinking that Jackie Tyler back then looks better than Rose Tyler right now, and that Jackie Tyler probably still looks the same now as she did back then because the older you get the slower your appearance goes to shit.

7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Being as Daleks are really little more than cranky squid, lets cross one with Jackie like was done with Dale Caan. The new critter should make a decent replacement for the Queen of the Racnos.

8. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

I think this is a mis-direction. i think we'll see that the great men he is referring to are 10 and 11... he is the lesser man lighting the flame to what The Doctor will become

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I thought the same, he is the lesser man who had the light the flame.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well it IS John Hurt. He's just got to have lots of cool and mysterious lines to say. It would probably be a bit weird to see him being all cute and quippy like the others. :p

11. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Ugh, Moffat and his word play. Again.

Its like the sentence "Silence will Fall and the Pandorica will Open". The ordering of events is wrong. The Pandorica opened in roman times while the Silence fell in 1969 during the moon. So shouldn't prisoner zero have said "The Pandorica will open and Silence will Fall"?

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey and all that.

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

^ I just want to say that I normally hate that phrase, but I think it's used appropriately there. It pisses me off when people use it to essentially mean "a Wizard did it." However, chronologically is not usually the best way to look at things in Doctor Who and that's generally the point of that quote. Effect doesn't follow cause.

That being said, Prisoner Zero's quote, according to the internet, is "The universe is cracked, the Pandorica will open and silence will fall," so it appears to be the order you want. I had to look it up because I more clearly remembered the "silence will fall when the question is asked." I think that one is true from the Doctor's perspective (if the "it was my silence" thing is correct).

14. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

That's exactly what Prisoner Zero said.

The Universe is cracked. The Pandorica will open. Silence will fall.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Proof:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLByQsRj-S0[/yt]

So there you guy. Straight from DS Ellie Miller's mouth.

16. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I saw one of those the other night.

18. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Even by 2007 he was looking different than 2005. But yeah, was trying to show the larger difference.

But yeah, similar to End of Time, but I can still see aging, mainly beginning to droop around jawline like you say. Plus the flat hair really is not helping. Should have stuck to the End of Time hair. It's a shame what happens with time. :( I could definitely see Tennant looking older than McGann does now in a few years time. :( (does McGann never age!)

I've even noticed quite a bit of aging from Smith too. He has a more mature look and a slightly more lined forehead. Well, that's what happens when you cast them young.

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Matt Smith character has actually grown more similar looking in looks, hair and wardrobe to Tenant's Doctor. They really look like brothers in the trailer.

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually I'm kinda glad now they went with Tennant's series 2 hair again. I've been rewatching some of his later episodes, and the spiky hair is looking really damn ridiculous now.