F.T.L. Faster than Light...anyone played this?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tribble puncher, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Just recently bought this game on GOG (also available on steam), It's a spaceship "simulator" (word used loosely) of sorts, You are the captain of a small millenuim falcon sized spaceship, your carrying some sort of data thats vital to your sides war effort. A massive enemy fleet is sweeping through space behind you and you have to stay ahead of them (obviously), You jump from point to point on a starmap, trying to get from one end to the other, dodge (sometimes fighting) patrols, helping people, trading things you've scavenged, so on and so forth. It has simple graphics, but it's an amazing game. Kinda like a dungeon crawler in space. It's been getting great reviews....just wondering if I'm the only one here who plays this?

2. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I bought it during one of the Steam sales around Christmas but just started playing this week. Even on easy difficulty, I'm TERRIBLE at it. I've gotten to the fifth map or so only to get obliterated. It is extremely addictive--you know it's a good game when you keep getting stomped by the computer only to come back for more. :lol:

3. Tribble puncher

Yeah...I have yet to make it to the final boss, I got to the 7th sector I think...I was doing pretty good up till then, my ship was getting formidable, I had a good battle system, exp. crew, then I ran into a pirate ship who got a lucky shot in the beginning of the battle, and everything just crumbled after that, after a viscous space battle, fighting off boarders, fighting fires, patching hull breaches...my last guy died trying to fix the O2...man, you'd think they'd have spacesuits on a spaceship....

4. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I would link you to our Jim Steele's review of it but it's definitely NSFW and probably breaks all kinds of international laws on profanity, obscenity and vulgarity. Very funny.

5. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

How about some links to the game?

6. Tribble puncher

7. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTH82KTThGs[/yt]

Video Deckerd was talking about.

8. Tribble puncher

Haha...awesome vid...hadn't seen that one yet

9. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. That was one of the best reviews I've ever seen/read. :lol:

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Also has reviews up for Far Cry 3 and Ni No Kuni, not forgetting of course he has the Gamewank podcast.

11. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

That review is amazing! So is the game. I got it at the start of the year in a Steam sale, got thoroughly addicted to it for a good few weeks.

Happy to say I completed Easy and unlocked some of the better ships. Normal was still way too hard.