Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Belated condolences to his family and friends.

2. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

What happened?

3. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Maybe I am the last to know this but the Exeter page has been overhauled. The logo now reflects that of the old Golden Key comics. All references to Atlantis Invaders is gone. The page now leads to YouTube for episode segments. The Apple page is also gone.

4. J.C. England

J.C. England Lieutenant Red Shirt

5. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Just watched the teaser for the first time in who knows how long. Damn that was good!

6. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh! It's not responsive for mobile! ;) (Sorry, occupational hazard.) Glad to see it up and running again!

7. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Much better! Anyone looking there at least has a HINT that there is no Act 4... and no, not everyone on planet earth knows that.

8. Orion Pimp

Orion Pimp Captain Captain

Yoda + cocaine + sales scam = this ^

9. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just a quick note of encouragement to Maurice, and to anyone else involved in the ongoing work on this film: Definitely looking forward to a final version some day, and I am most appreciative of your continued work in bringing this vision to life!

10. Linnear

Linnear Lieutenant Commander

Agree 100%. I want to see this because I really believe it is the pinnacle of fan films.

Alec

11. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Even the end of the world was delayed so the Exeter team can finish their episode.

12. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is never coming out, is it? I jinxed yet another project I was involved with. ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  13. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Yes it is coming out. I don't know how many times people need to say it. It is being worked on by a new editor, it'll be done. Eventually. People are busy, it doesn't mean they've given up.

14. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know, I was just joking. I meant to put the winky face not the sad one.

15. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Ah, no worries. :)

16. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad to hear there's some fresh help envolved. I've been waiting for the final segment for ages (like so many!) but I've also had enough experience of video editing to know how complex and time consuming it can be.

'Til the completion, I'll be here, waiting patiently...

17. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

I had never heard of this production until recently. When I saw the acts that are available for viewing, I was very pleasantly suprised. Best of luck with the final act.

18. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Sort of an update, but not really. Tangential at best.

[​IMG]

Found this bad boy while packing to move. I haven't watched it since, probably, the day we shot this and honestly I'm afraid to, if only because I knew precisely jack shit about shooting footage back then, compared to today (I know slightly more than jack shit now.)

Anyway, for those keeping score, the interview with Dennis was shot in one of the student study rooms at the George W. Johnson Center on the Fairfax campus of George Mason University, sometime in June, 2005.

19. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Soooooooooooooo, can we view this some time soon, it maybe enjoyable or as Spock says " Facinating"

20. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Part of it is already out on YouTube somewhere. And while I do have my master copy because I shot the thing, I don't presume that I have the right to release it. I did the shoot as a favor to Dennis because he's a friend; I also support the Starship Exeter (and by association, Polaris) because they do good work and I'm excited to see what they do with their respective projects. I honestly forgot I had this tape and thought it would be a fun tidbit of trivia to share. :shrug: