The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do zombies eat beef? I'm not being facetious, I'm not sure what the TWD rules are for that.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

They ate the horse in the pilot so I would assume most meaty animals are on the menu.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, if the zombie virus ever jumps species everyone in TWD is fucked.

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh good job. I forgot about the cow-tipping thing. Probably wouldn't work in the daytime. And I'm sure a bull would have made short work of a typical zombie.

I guess they're attracted to any living creature. Its just not something that gets touched on often in zombie literature. Hell, all the way back in Night of the Living Dead there was a shot of a zombie snatching a bug off a tree and snarfing it down.

I always wondered that. Would a zombie herbivore be attracted to meat? Or would it be more like *Uhhhh....Graaaaaaains....*

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

It would be even worse if insects got it. Zombie bees, zombie ants, zombie butterflies....

6. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Theres a comic out there that has exactly that premise, animals get zombiefied, humans don't. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called though.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

The Walking Zoo?

8. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

David Wellington's "Monster Planet" trilogy has zombieism cross species lines (although I think it's not actually a virus in those books).

9. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Garth Ennis' Hitman?

10. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

They eat beef just not "pink slime." ;)

11. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After trawling back through several months of Comic Book Resources news articles, i've managed to track down the comic i mentioned.
    It's 'Rebel Blood' by Image Comics, that features a zombie virus capable of jumping species. Leading to the terrifying reality of zombie squirrels.

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Spooky. They don't chow down on your brains, they go after your nuts.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

This isn't about TWD but it does involve zombies. It's a trailer for a Japanese movie called Zombie Ass: Toliet of the Dead. Google it. it's freakin' hilarious.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Just based on the title, nope, gonna have to pass on that.

15. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ This. I'd like to hang onto the few braincells I have left.

16. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

Except thats just a myth, cows don't sleep standing up, and if they did, it would still be hard to push over a half ton of wieght.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_tipping

-Kytee

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    It is, cows weigh quite a bit...or *ahem* so I hear.

18. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

It is nearly impossible just to catch them unaware, much less actually get close enough to give them a solid push without them noticing you, which is why it is more of a hazing thing for new kids in town than an actual hobby. At least where I grew up. Like a snipe hunt for city kids who move to the country.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, I've lived in the countryside my whole life and I've *never* heard of anyone actually doing this. Or for that matter have I heard of anyone stupid enough to attempt it...and I've known some bloody idiots in my time. But then sneaking into a cow field in the middle of the night sounds more like an excellent way to either electrocute yourself (those things are hard enough to spot in daylight) or get your head blown off if the farmer catches you trespassing on private land.

I suspect anyone who attempts it is in for a nasty shock when the cow turns and kicks them in the nadgers...or an even nastier shock when the bull gets wind of them...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  20. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The few times we ever took kids out to go "cow tipping" was on a friend's property. Usually didn't last more than a few minutes before someone started laughing and the game was up. You have to entertain yourself somehow though, and we hadn't yet discovered drinking.