Title Possibly Revealed?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by OdoWanKenobi, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Well I think I remember certain movies giving a different URL to the sites but the movies themselves had a different title. Now I'm not sure, but I think I can recall such an occurrence.

And think about it, that would make sense, give the people a little somethin-somethin and they'll eat it up, never mind that they'll go to Hell and back with it, just give them that.

If it is indeed the title, well I'm honestly indifferent about it but I wonder how they'll use it.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I kinda like it! I'm not sure the title is there to sound "dark and gritty," though. I'm hoping maybe it's more an allusion to trekking into the unknown. I mean, deep space is probably pretty dark. :p

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that idea!

It will look nicely classy on a t-shirt.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

2 minutes in photoshop later...
    [​IMG]

5. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Make it black and white and change the font to the way the main titles looked in XI.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Great job. So great, in fact, that it really emphasizes how crappy a title it is. :lol:

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dumb title. But I doubt it'll affect box office. Bring on Gary Mitchell!

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

2 days since I've heard it and I still can't decide if I like the name or not. I suppose I'm probably just indifferent to it.

But really, the last ST movie title I thought was cool was 'Generations', so so long as this movie is good, they could call it anything they want and I'll be happy.

9. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bet you spent more than 2 minutes on that. 10 or 20 maybe? It's a great graphic.

You know what? I could waver. Still sounds like broken English to me though... and the turning circle of an old freighter like me, is notoriously a large one.

10. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

^ Not necessarily. If you already have the picture of the eclipse as well as the font loaded into PS, then all you'd have to do is select red for the font, type, and save. Anything more might have taken more time, though. It all depends on what he started out with.

11. F. King Daniel

Okay, plus 4 minutes finding and saving an eclipse picture from google image search. And another 3 after I made it, uploading to photobucket and posting. The font (Federation Classic) I've had for aaaaages.

12. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Uploading to PB and posting doesn't count. So it took you 6 minutes. Not bad. :)

13. F. King Daniel

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Entertainment Weekly is confirming the title, btw.

15. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My own take on the logo...

and yes, i'll happily admit it took longer than 2 minutes lol

[​IMG]

M

16. F. King Daniel

Great job! Although having it on two lines makes it seem like the name is Star Trek: Into Darkness. Although that very probably is exactly how they'll arrange the title in the trailers and posters and title card etc.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I actually like that quite a bit, and it has a similar look to the title of the first film.

18. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

thanks guys...

original text was done in Illustrator, then bevelled and moved into a 3D layer... then imported to photoshop for texturing and allignment... then shine effect done in After Effects, before back into photoshop to layer over the federation logo...

more work than i'd originally intended, but quite happy with it lol

M

19. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

Nice work! As for the title, I have no problem with it. Knowing as little as we do, it's hard to get behind it enthusiastically or pan it disgustedly. This is the first baby step that TPTB have taken. We know so little else that it's actually become boring and insulting rather than fun and interesting like they probably think it is. Eight months out and we have no teaser, no trailer, no general plot, not even a full character list. Like many here (most?), I don't want to know everything, just the basics. I'm getting to the point where I wonder if they are worried about what they've done and what they've got so far and they are scrambling to fix things so they're keeping things hush hush. This would be pitiful. There's a saying about dealing with the media when handling a major event: feed the animals or they will find food themselves. That is, provide them info and let them know when you will provide them more or they will go looking for the info themselves and then you can't control the release of info, which can get you on the defensive rather quickly. Soon, someone will leak something they are trying so desperately to hide and the rabid fans will attack mercilessly.

20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So is there any news on colons?