Natalie Portman gets knocked up, engaged

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by CaptainCanada, Dec 27, 2010.

1. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

People reports it as "engaged and pregnant", but somehow one suspects it was the other way around.;)

All the other boys laughed at little Ben when he started getting into ballet, but who's laughing now?

Good luck to them (and they certainly managed to keep that on the down-low for quite a while). Though I'd hold off on showing Natalie Jr. the film on which mommy and daddy first met for a while.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aw that's nice. But they better give the kid mommy's last name or else he/she will be called Millipede forever after.

3. CaptainCanada

Natalie Portman's real surname is Hershlag.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Heard about this on the news segment while driving around.
    Guess all guys doing ballet really aren't gay after all. Stupid stereotype.

I give the union 3yrs tops before 'irreconcilable differences' set in. Any takers?

5. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm always astonished when people think they know what's going on or going to happen in someone else's relationship. Would you like it if someone talked about your family that way?

6. CaptainCanada

Typically, when people announce that they're pregnant and getting married, the former prompted the latter (though these days, of course, there's much less social pressure to do that). I wish them all the best, as I said.

As to the latter, well, the track record of celebrity marriages tends to inspire cynicism.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Does it really matter either way? Anyways good for her and him.

8. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

He better call Maury....

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really.

I don't care but it's clear they are only getting married because she got knocked up. That never leaves to a happy marriage.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

11. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

This comes as quite a surprise. I've been a big fan of hers for 12 years now and as she got older, it seemed like she'd always be the single actress with the glamorous jet-setting lifestyle. Looks like that's about to change though.

[​IMG]

And I agree with what's been said above. The engagement and pregnancy don't exactly seem planned and everything could very well go sour. For starters, I wonder what the living arrangements will be like. She lives in L.A. and he lives in New York.

I'm also thinking of her upcoming movie, Friends With Benefits. The pregnancy is very timely for the movie's subject matter.

13. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL. That's classic.

Like most Hollywood marriages, this one won't last. Especially if she wins the Oscar for Best Actress. That has doomed about a decade for marriages of Hollywood leading actressess. Not to mention Portman has always struck me as high maintanence. I hope for the best for the baby though and that he or she doesn't grow up to be another messed up Hollywood kid.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Keira Knightley and I have been role-playing. When she speaks with an American accent, we pretend she's Natalie Portman. I guess I'll have to keep pretending. :(

15. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

dammit . . . I mean . . . I wish her well :P

16. Mooch

Mooch Commodore Commodore

This is Hollywood. I don't know why actors bother getting married at all. Maybe they like the publicity.

17. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

Yep. Hollywood. All too often, we DO know what's going on in someone else's relationship, even when we don't remotely Wanna know!

It's also History. If history's any guide, we often know know where it's all heading in the future, too. At the very least, there are no surprises.

And as for kids, they could just adopt, like Joan Crawford. ;)

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Uptight a bit?
    Just having some fun there Mr.Wet Blanket.

19. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just think it's incredibly creepy, talking about two people one doesn't know like anyone has any clue what their private life is like. "She strikes me as high maintenance." "It's clear this was unplanned." WTF? No one here knows these people.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We do know these people, this is what happens when you become famous. You don't like it tuff shit.

So get the hell off your high horse, you are no better than the rest of us.