Sexiest DS9 character?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by DevilEyes, Jun 29, 2009.

?

Who was the sexiest for you?

1. Jadzia Dax

37 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. Kira Nerys

27 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Ezri Dax

46 vote(s)
    25.1%
  4. Leeta

25 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. Keiko O'Brien

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Kassidy Yates

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  7. Captain Benjamin Sisko

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Dr. Julian Bashir

12 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Worf

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Odo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Miles O'Brien

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Gul Dukat

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. Elim Garak

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  14. Damar

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  15. Weyoun

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  16. Vedek Boreil Antos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Quark :-p

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Jake Sisko (...since he grew up, obviously!)

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  19. other (male)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  20. other (female)

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

While I loved the show, I am not sure I thought of anyone as sexy. So, I voted for Damar. Loved the voice.

2. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm...

This reminds me of the TV Guide article on Fans speaking out on how to make Enterprise better (this came out during the Second Season, BTW).

One fan took note of the tendecy of Star Trek to...shall we say..."exploit the physical attractiveness" of the female stars....

She said, specifically, "Females are actually watching sci-fi, and I'm one of them...."

The implication here, of course, is that the basic assumption among TPTB is that sci-fi audiences tend to be largely male....

Just my $0.02.

3. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

TPTB know a lot more than you do about how much of their audience is male and how much is female. They also know how they break down by age, geography, ethnicity, and probably income.

4. happydave

happydave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For all we know the women also find the women sexier than the male characters. Or maybe the female voters just don't find any sexy so they don't vote.

I'm sure there is a much higher proportion of male posters than female, but there's a lot of reasons why you can't really use this poll as an accurate measurement.

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These are all possible reasons and they've crossed my mind, but they don't explain the 97:23 ratio. Does this mean that there are 20, 30 or 40 female posters who find female characters more attractive or just don't find any of the male characters attractive, while there are no male posters (or very few) who do the opposite? For all we know, some men may not find any of the female characters attractive. Or some men prefer a male character. Why would one be the case, but not the other?

6. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

I voted for Garak. Big surprise?

On a side note, I do find it odd that any of the more alien looking characters can be or are considered sexy. To those of you who did vote for aliens that look more alien than just some spots or a small nose piece, what in particular did/do you find sexy? Is it personality and attitude, or is it actually the look? For me, it's truly a combination of all three.

7. DevilEyes

It is really interesting that many more or less alien-looking characters are considered sexy. But, it certainly helps that they're humanoid enough - I don't see anyone lusting over Horta! :p I suppose that alien look sort of just adds certain exotic appeal. This is an interesting question - how much variety can we really take, and how 'alien' can you get while still remaining attractive? That's why I started this thread. :)

For instance, I dislike the Klingon and the modern Romulan look, but I know that some other people like it. (Although a few people still manage to look good with Klingon foreheads - like Worf, or K'Ehleyr and B'Elanna out of the women). But I find the Cardassian look really interesting and attractive. It adds a certain air of power, danger and snake-like slyness.

To answer your question, I think it's a combination of all those things, as you said. Well, obviously, by 'personality' I don't mean 'the kind of person I'd like as a boyfriend, husband, or a lover in real life'! I voted for Dukat, and yes, he is an arsehole, he seems like a classic case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, he is DS9's answer to despotic war criminals, he is evil, yada yada yada :p but we're just talking about sexappeal here, and about fictional characters; and in fiction we can indulge our darker desires and lust over the kind of people we wouldn't want anywhere near in real life. :evil: And of course, fictional villains - male and female - are often very sexy and charismatic. He's got charisma in spades, a commanding presence, great voice, piercing blue eyes, drool-worthy body, tight pants :p ... and the Cardie ridges and scales and uniform (which is odd, I'm generally anti-militaristic and not into uniforms, I guess I'm really showing my dark side here...:eek:) somehow just add to that.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  8. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

I completely agree with you about fictional villains. There are those that are just plain psycho that most people wouldn't find attractive unless they are disturbed, like Norman Bates or Annie Wilkes of Misery fame, and then there are those like Dukat or the Intendant that appeal to the darker parts of our nature. In real life, I'd steer well clear of anyone like Dukat, the Intendant, or Garak, with or without physical sex appeal. Being used or lied to constantly isn't my idea of a good time.

Watching them on TV? A lot more fun. I'm also curious about what pushes the envelope into the territory of too alien. Even extra limbs, like with some of the Hindu gods, aren't necessarily a deal breaker as long as they're not insect legs or something like that. But no, I've never run across anyone who lusts after the Horta. Poor horta, just wants to be a good mom, too. :shifty:

And btw, good thread!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  9. ZMistress

ZMistress Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I voted for Bashir. I adore the Cardassian makeup but out of all these choices he's the one I find physically most appealing.
    Dukat certainly has something but personally I like Bashir better (even though I'm usually a sucker for blue eyes). Still I generally prefer side-characters (who don't have an established love interest), so if he had been included in the poll my voice would have gone to Ari, the young Cardie who wanted to help Kira get off Cardassia in Second Skin:

[​IMG]

10. DevilEyes

Siddig is a very handsome man with beautiful brown eyes, but Bashir never did it for me. You know that sometimes you see that some people are very good-looking but you just don't find them sexy? It might be the character, because I found Siddig more attractive in everything else I've seen him in - Spooks, Syriana, 24, even his short appearance in Hamburg Cell. Julian was more like a sweet boy I'd find mildly funny/annoying in the early seasons, and, in the later seasons, someone I'd just want to hug sometimes: 'aw, poor baby', than think of him as a potential lover.

11. BRG

BRG Commander Red Shirt

Rewatching the show for the first time in many years on DVD. And loving it!:)

As for the sexiest charicter, IMHO it has to be Kira.:techman: I think Jadzia & Erzi are both much more atractive than Kira, but Kira just had a sexual charge about her that both versions of Dax could not compete with.

And when playing Mirror Kira, when Nana Visitor turned the sensuality dail up to 11, God Damn!:eek::drool:
    BRG

12. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is a very intesting question and for me not a simple one. I want to make clear I like woman so I'm not gay or bi or anything else. That being said Leeta is pretty hot and Ezri is just plain cute so both of them are in a tie but I would probably pick Ezri over Leeta if I had to.

Ok, so as far as male characters go (If I were gay, lol) I would say Damar. I'm not sure what it is about Cassey Biggs but he's pretty attractive. Maybe thats just a man crush but still, I would vote him, again not that there is anything wrong with that:d

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Kira.

Bajoran women are the hotness.

14. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

Bump. JAKE! Man in those last two seasons, and in that baseball outfit... hell yeah!

15. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Even if I were that way inclined, I doubt I could get over Jake's terrible dress sense. The outfits that guy wore were pretty painful.

16. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I can't pretend to fully appreciate what would make males "sexy", but even if I could I suspect I'd go with the Major. She was smart, driven, passionate, and looked altogether beautiful in all kinds of dress -- but most especially in those Bajoran civilian clothes she wore in the "Circle" series in the second season's opening.

17. Aretaku

Aretaku Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Gotta go with Kira...Jadzia and Ezri are both excellent as well, but Kira's got an attitude to match the look that the Dax Duo just can't compete with.

Not to mention, those eyes, and that butt. :drool:

18. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    There are many attractive and sexy DSN characters. But I must say, the one that really gets me going is Leeta, played by the lovely Chase Masterson. Damn she is so hot! I also got a kick out of most of the female Vortas! Would love to rub those funky ears of theirs! -- RR

19. Lt.Cmdr.LaForge

Lt.Cmdr.LaForge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Jadzia is clearly the sexiest female thats ever been on star trek, let alone DS9! =]

20. Sovereign_One

Sovereign_One Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know...:sigh: