Civilian-oriented PBEM/forum game?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by TJ Sinclair, Sep 4, 2013.

1. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Time for another post in what seems to be an ever-more-hopeless quest.

I know there's a thread for sims advertising for players, but I'm a player looking for a sim, so I hope this is okay. I've also searched through that thread, and there doesn't appear to be anything active that's close to what I'm looking for.

Been out of the game for a couple of years since the last PBeMs I was in went under, I'd like to get back into it, but I really would like something that isn't the traditional Starfleet sim. My favorite experiences have always been on mainly civilian sims, or ones where there was heavy civilian focus. But sims like Siencia Colony, Kal-Dixas, Junction Point, SS Walkabout and SS Warden are few and far between and hard to find.

Other than the one in Obsidian Fleet, does anyone know of an active sim that focuses on civilians? Much as I'd rather stick with indy sims, I have looked through all the Fleets and groups I could find, and I've come up empty. And finding sims that aren't part of one of the big fleets or groups is rather difficult.

I can always go back to Starfleet if I have to, but like I said, I've had much more fun over the years with civilian sims. A colony, an independent outpost, a cargo ship... something like that. They're the best I've ever experienced.

My search is getting kind of desperate, and any help would be most appreciated.

2. TJ Sinclair

Almost ten days without a response... I guess once again, I'm out of luck.

3. TJ Sinclair

Anyone...anyone...Bueller?

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you find one, let me know. :p

5. TJ Sinclair

Heh. At this point, I'm seriously considering trying to launch one myself...

6. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

It does have quite a bit of scope, as the characters aren't bound by Starfleet regs--which gives a lot of freedom, but also does mean that they have no limits either.

You could go for a colony, trading station, freighter, research ship, mercenaries. It really does depend on what takes your fancy and what you think you could get the most out of.

7. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey TJ -- don't know of any games of this nature, but I PM'ed you about a possible place to start your own if it comes to that. Good luck in your quest.

8. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

I believe st-bob.com has some civilian sims, but am not certain. Worth checking out anyway.

9. think

think About it! Premium Member

I know; where I sim.. starbase118.net has the possibility of simming civilians at the starbase and aboard some of the ships in the fleet.. or possibly the Embassy planet,..

this is the oldest or it is the longest simming site in the trek world of simming..

http://www.starbase118.net/

Piqui @ starbase 118

we are just starting a chat sim and a forum sim that is on again off again and the podcasts are common with a behind the scenes of the sims,..

10. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

^ I was a member there for a while. It wasn't a good fit for me, not that I could say why. They were a great group of people though.