Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm hoping that this whole thing with Spider-Man isn't some BS grim and gritty thing - and that if they are going for a far more violent Spider-Man that it isn't Peter Parker behind the mask.

Dunno who they'd put in it, since I think Scarlet Spider is continuing, and Venom is part of Rulk's team. So I dunno - my guess is Miquel O'Hara - or I suppose on of the Tarantula guys...

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Relaunched, but not relaunched in congress with Marvel Now?

That's random.

I suppose it would take them ten months to organise the collapse, restructure and relaunch of ten books in formation and simultusion (Rhymes with contusion. I invent words all t he time.), but only 6 weeks to a couple months to do the same for a single lone wolf title.

Weird.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Clandestine trigger word that "activates" the members and then their mind is wiped. Is Mephisto involved?

*Yawn*, bored already.

5. Admiral_Young

Yeah. I'm not sure why they're using that kind of plot device when Steve Rodgers assembled the first team without any kind of problems keeping them secret (oh so I recall prior to dropping the book). This would seem to put Shield in a bad light as well using this particular technique. I'm too thrilled with this book.

Guy...not sure what you mean, this is in conjunction with Marvel Now.

6. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

They gave their worst book to one of their worst writers.

Spencer hasn't done anything good since Cloak & Dagger.

7. Admiral_Young

Spencer started out all right on Ultimate Comics X-Men...then sort of dropped the ball really quickly unfortunately.

8. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Like he did on his brief stint on SA and his IM 2.0 when he couldn't even bother to hand in scripts and Marvel had to use another writer for fill-ins.

That guy was a flash in the pan and apparently also a con-man in his previous line of work.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Rogers. R O G E R S. Rogers. No "D"!!!!!! :scream:

Well, I guess the mindwipe justifies the "Secret" part of the name. Seeing the Widow sporting a gun bugs me since she has those nifty wrist blasters. Hawkeye's new costume still sucks. Why exactly is Junior wearing Comamander Rogers uniform again? Coulson looks a little more like Coulson than he did in his first appearance. Though he came across and a typical military guy there and not like the guy in the movies. Hopefully they can capture some of the movie Coulson's personality.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it seems kind of weird to mind wipe the characters at the end of each storyline in an ongoing series. How are you going to get any kind of decent character development, or ongoing relationships if they always forget what happened to them last time they were together?

11. Admiral_Young

I would imagine that one of the characters is going to find out about the mind wiping and maybe inform the others? Maybe Winter Solider? Otherwise I really don't know what their mindset is for this book.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Sounds like Dollhouse.

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, wasn't a fan of Spence's first run on Secret Avengers. i like Bucky being involved, and i'm glad Mockingbird will have a place...but i really like the current incarnation of the Secret Avengers.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn, best comparison of course right there.

SHIELD tampering with minds, especially Black Widow whose already had trust issues with her old government doing that. Now this.

This series is just a bad idea on paper, can't be sure execution is going to excite many.

15. Admiral_Young

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

And the current Winter Soldier arc has Widow programmed back into her old Soviet personality, so this new Secret Avengers premise would be doing something to that character that has just been done shortly before SA relaunches.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Iron Man as a Guardian is weird. better than Luke Cage or Spider Woman though.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How is he going to stay a purist using his earth tech when there's so much alien tech out there better than his?

19. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well is that really Iron Man or just someone in a variation of his suit... one of the future "Stark" that were a big deal in the early 90s. Y'know those goofy aliens that thought of Iron Man as a god or something and all had elements of his suit.

I mean it would be a cool call back to the old Gardians of the Galaxy series, by having The Stark show up again.

Or Tony gives someone a suit... which is probably the most logical answer. The mask is nothing like an Iron Man armor.

20. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Whoever he is, he has "serious Spider-Man pedigree." He's probably not 616 Miles Morales; there are "no plans" for a Spider-Men follow-up at the moment, according to that link.

The link also has a look at Superior Spider-Man #2's cover.

EDITED TO ADD: Slott prefers "dark and weird" as a description for the new series, rather than the "grim and gritty" description that's been floating around.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012