The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow. That's the most life-like one yet.

Hawkeye is going for $700+ on ebay. FML.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^Yeesh! That's insane. Hot Toys tend to appreciate a bit, but not usually that much! I'm glad that I got mine when I did. I'm sad that I missed out on Fury, though.

I got the DC Unlimited New 52 Aquaman. He's not bad, but he is kinda pinheaded:
    [​IMG]

The biggest problem with him though, is that you can't improve on perfection. We already got the absolutely perfect Aquaman way back in the second wave of DCUC:
    [​IMG]

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Not a single online retailer has taken any pre-orders for the Black Series 3.75", Black Series 6" or Saga Legends lines yet, and we're supposedly just a few months from all three debuting at American retail. Not an encouraging sign. I hope Hasbro doesn't end up having colossal marketing problems with these figures, too.

5. cooleddie74

The consensus still seems to be: yes, they're still coming to stores in the next few months. Pre-orders from online dealers or not, we're supposedly still on-track to see these bad boys hanging from retail pegs by the end of this coming summer.

Here's another look at the eight figures in the first wave of 3.75" Black Series along with the current case breakdown of that debut wave.

[​IMG]

1x #01 Padmé Amidala (Geonosis Arena, Episode II)
    1x #02 Clone Trooper Sergeant (Episode II)
    2x #03 Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Hero, Episode II)
    2x #04 Biggs Darklighter (Rebel Pilot, Episode IV)
    1x #05 Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony, Episode IV)
    2x #06 Darth Vader (Bespin Trap, Episode V)
    2x #07 Biker Scout (Speeder Bike Pilot, Episode VI)
    1x #08 Clone Pilot (Episode II)

6. Admiral_Young

7. cooleddie74

I clicked your link on Facebook. I almost nerdgasmed.

Hot Wheels Excelsior and Kelvin? We're not worthy of this miniature die-cast goodness.

Stores: get these on the pegs.

8. Admiral_Young

Indeed. This line looks very impressive. I really hope our stores get them in this time, trying to get them online is going to be difficult again I think.

9. cooleddie74

I still haven't found the new Enterprise, and I've been looking. The local Hot Wheels pegs seem to have at least one of everything but Star Trek ships. With the film premiering this week maybe there'll be more of a concerted effort to get the new Trek Hot Wheels product into stores to coincide with the movie's predicted blockbuster performance.

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i haven't seen any of the new Hot Wheels Trek stuff in stores either.

11. cooleddie74

The cardback reverse for the 2013 Jumbo Vintage Walrus Man figure from Gentle Giant.

I believe these are the exact same product photos with colorful backdrops that were on the original Kenner 3.75" action figure cardbacks during the era of the first movie and up until Empire hit theaters in 1980. I loved these cardbacks as a little kid and they evoke so many strong memories of my childhood and some of the toys I had.

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

[​IMG]

12. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Oh, no, not again." More "babies" for Hawkeye.

[​IMG]

"HAWKEYE MAD! HAWKEYE SMASH!" Clint does not take the rumors about Jeremy Renner being replaced as Hawkeye well.

[​IMG]

13. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just picked up an MOC 30th Anniversary Collection Darth Malak. I actually had this guy but sold him loose for £20 ages ago. This one cost me £16 quid, so I've made a £4 profit somewhere : )

14. cooleddie74

^
    Nice!

Believe it or not, that's still cheaper cheaper than most carded Darth Malaks I've seen over time over here on this side of the pond. Way to go. He usually doesn't go for any cheaper than $35-$40 when I've spotted him.

Poor Hawkeye. :p

15. Admiral_Young

@Kira's Mom...I wouldn't worry too much about that Renner story...it looks like it originated from Comic Book Movies so I'd take it with a grain of salt since they make up a lot of stuff.

16. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the cheapest i've ever seen Malak for was $55. i gave up trying to get one for under $35.

17. cooleddie74

Most of them I've run into over time seem to fall in the $50-$70 range. Darth Revan slightly less, but still egregiously expensive for what and who he is.

Expanded Universe figures always command a hefty price. Go take a look at current eBay numbers for Jacen and Jaina Solo or Bastila Shan. It's highway robbery conducted by toy geeks.

18. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

Wow, it's been a criminally long time since I've posted in this thread. I'm alive and I have some pretty fun toys to show off. Pictures will come later today, and hopefully I'll get better about posting on a regular basis after that. :)

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually have a spare carded Bastila Shan. I hate scalpers but when you look at the prices commanded by these figures I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to stick it on eBay.

20. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Geez, you guys are making me feel incredibly lucky to have found Revan, Malak, Malgus, and Bastilla all at retail.