Episode of the Week: The Arsenal of Freedom

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Captrek, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Maybe they'll fix that on the BluRay set. Just a simple background change.

2. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As I recall there's nothing in the shot to suggest he isn't at Farpoint - there were tree's at that station.

3. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That, and it jumps out as stock footage. Plus it doesn't quite fit because Riker looks too serious. It was a neat idea to find footage of "babyface" Riker, and I guess that was the best shot they could find. I would have been OK with just a voiceover.

4. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do like this one, as with last week it's fairly dumb in places but still huge fun. As is pretty much anything with "Get off my train!" guy in it.

The main weakness is the engineer, who exists for no other reason that to disagree with Geordi no matter what. Which becomes unintentionally hilarious when Geordi changes his mind about leaving the planet resulting in the engineer having to change his mind about it as well just so he can keep being contrary.

5. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

It's funny how a someone who is so predictable both in character and in purpose can be so forgettable. I honestly forgot all about him.

6. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Bev was not sure, hence why she asked Picard to taste and rub one of them, and had a similar effect to what she was hoping for. Plus when you're bleeding to death, you are going to try anything. Plus who's to say that such and such variety of planet life is only exclusive to one world? I can picture oak trees growing on a world 1,000 light years away.

7. The Castellan

That one might have been an independent, or like a security system for the planet's local space or another computer was still working.

8. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well sure - thanks to Stargate, we know every alien world looks like British Columbia.

9. The Castellan

Well, in Trek, 95% of aliens look like humans with speed bumps on their faces as well.:p

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For some reason the guy putting the used car salesman approach selling weapons was my favorite part of this episode. Other than that, it's a typical season 1 TNG episode. Cheesy effects, cheesy acting and an average plot.

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I like the drone design, sure it's cobbled together, but it's more effective at being futuristic than any of the hovering drones in TOS.