Fear the Walking Dead Season 1 discussion and spoilers.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sojourner, Aug 18, 2015.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Thought it was about time we had a season thread for this now that we are less than a week out.

Random thought just to get started. Anyone else think the one son looks a lot like Brandon Lee from The Crow? I think it may be mostly the hair and that church they keep showing him in, but he reminds me of Brandon in the "living" scenes of the movie.

2. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

^
    Didn't notice it the first time around but know that you mention it...

Another random thought, is it just me or is the title Fear the Walking Dead really lame/ generic/ blah?

3. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

Yeah doesn't really convey that this is a new program. How about Walking Dead: L.A.?

4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Fear the Walking Dead title reflects that it will in it's first season reveal how the outbreak began while back in Atlanta Rick would have been in a coma. Albeit, there will be no contact with TWD cast.

5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I'm really undecided about this - I've stuck with Walking Dead despite being on the verge of bailing several times. Every time it's been tedious for weeks on end and I've lost interest, there's a good episode or two. It's stalled again with Alexandria.

I'm a bit of a completist so it's ditch season 6 AND the spin off, or watch both...

6. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Instead of just hearing how people's families were torn apart and children were killed in front of them we actually get to see it!

I don't know about you guys but it wasn't enough to see the chewed-on remains of Abraham's kids. I wish we'd gotten to see them die.

To be honest, for me, this is just an invitation to viewing more misery. The parent show has already gotten depressing enough. Your mileage may vary, of course. There's value in the drama and journey, I know.

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am definitely interested in the series..and since it's 6 episodes, I expect things not to drag on too much.

ANd yes, a dumb title...but I wonder if they have any real sense of where the show will go...so make it as generic as possible, so they can figure out a story arc.

It's been declared that Rick is the central figure of TWD, so he can't die...but hope they don't have the same hang up for Fear...though I REALLy like Cliff Curtis as an actor.

See you next week!

Also, any word if we'll get some special Talking Dead episodes (or renamed Hear the Talking Dead for this series)

8. sojourner

There's a Talking Dead episode on before Fear this sunday.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to the series. Occasionally TWD has dropped a bit in quality, but it's always been at least good, so I have pretty high hopes for this one. I really like the idea of going back to the beginning of the Zompocalypse. I would have still been interested if it took place at the same time as TWD, but the early time period adds a bit of an extra hook to it.

10. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

Just found out that HBO Nordic is getting Fear the Walking Dead in Finland. Will be available on Mondays. Which is weird since original TWD has always aired on Fox day after US airing. And next season of TWD will air on Fox. I guess HBO paid more to AMC than Fox.

How will it be in other countries that get Fox's international channels?

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I actually really like Fear the Walking Dead as a title. The Walking Dead: Los Angeles or whatever would have been awful. We already have enough of those generic titles on CBS with their endless crime procedurals.

12. sojourner

They should have gone with No One (Living) Walks in LA.

13. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Before? What sense does that make?

14. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Terrible title.

So is this a prequel (that forever stays behind the events of The Walking Dead chronologically) or will it eventually catch up with them?

This is gonna be on the new BT channel in the UK (which I should get for free) and airs on September 1st.

15. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The pilot is an hour and a half

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I LOVE The Walking Dead but really have no interest in this. I feel like it would be going backwards or just going back to territory I don't have any more interest in. I know hubby wants to see it but it really doesn't peak my interest in any way.

17. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

;-D

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_UpLtGEWoY[/yt]

My only trepidation with this show is the 'fresh zombies', I like rotted walkers better.

The gore gags will probably be pretty much industry standard, we've seen it all before. Hope I'm wrong, though.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

All we know about the timeline is when it starts, they haven't said yet how far forward in the timeline it will end up going.

19. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm actually looking forward to the show, and like the idea of seeing events play out in a more familiar everyday world, and with characters who aren't already a bunch of hardened, badass survivors.

Much as I still love the original show, the characters are such pros at killing zombies by now that they just don't seem nearly as frightening as they used to.