Justice League Unlimited

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarkHelmet, Oct 1, 2008.

1. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

Wow.. this show is just awesome.. great stories and writing, great animation, fantastic battle scenes.

I'm rewatching them as a result of DVR'ing it for my 4 1/2 year old.

Second time around, I have a much better appreciation for it.

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Aye, it gets better. Cadmus arc and then Legion of Doom.

3. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm rewatching it right now (just finished rewatching Justice League). It's such a great show, it's too bad the show didn't last longer then it did (even having the second season be 26 episodes instead of 13 would of been nice).

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

One of the best Superhero shows EVER.

5. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

I loved the Green Lantern Episodes because that's as close to a Green Lantern cartoon as we are going to get unfortunately.

Mogo doesn't socialize!

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

One of? Name one that was better...well, ok BTAS, but it's certainly the best Superhero team show ever. ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Actually JLU (not counting JL which preceded it) had three 13-episode seasons, but the first two seasons are packaged in a single DVD set, giving the false impression that there was a 26-episode season followed by a 13-episode season.

8. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

Why was this show "canceled"?

Was it a creative decision to end it or did CN just pull the plug?

9. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished watching the first DVD season and I forgot how awesome The Question is. He should of got his own spinoff (with the Huntress as a reoccurring character).

10. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

I think it was a creative decision. They wanted to move on to movies I believe.

11. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    I thought they were planning on moving to Legion of Superheroes, but those other guys got the show instead. So we got a more dumbed down version. They usually do an episode setting something up with their future plans. Batman Beyond had a Justice League episode. Justice League Unlimited had their Legion episode, setting it up with Supergirl instead of Superman. I prefer Superman for the focus of the Legion since they can't seem to get access to Superboy.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Advertisers prefer animated shows that are geared toward younger audiences, since they can sell more toys that way. And networks depend on advertisers for their funding. So CN decided to move away from shows geared toward teen and college-age viewers in favor of shows geared toward younger viewers.

13. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was actually extended. The last season (last 13 episodes) were actually tacked on after the creative team thought they were done with the show.

In a way, a short run can be a blessing. If a show ends quicker, it doesn't have time to get stale. Of course, this means shorter shows that end before getting crappy are not long enough for the fans who want more! MORE!!!

For example, if firefly was in its 9th season right now everyone would be bitching about how it jumped the shark 4 seasons ago. :lol: