NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

That and despite what people think...Cutler is pretty damn talented. There isn't a throw on the field he is incapable of making. Hell he can make better throws than most off of his back foot.

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Well, when Cutler starts throwing from his back foot I start reaching for the Tums, because it's frighteningly reminiscent of 1998-99 Brett Favre before he got his mechanics straight, but he does have one of the top three arms in the league -- it's just that he gets dangerously inaccurate beyond 20 yards and he has a little too much of a funslinging mentality.

He's still the best quarterback the Bears have ever had and I'm glad they've locked him up, even though it's effectively a three-year contract.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Meh.

He's no Vince Evans...

;)

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Raiders sign Trent Edwards. All their quarterback worries have been solved!

6. 1001001

7. 1001001

Way to go, Chiefs...

:lol:

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Sigh. That was very sad and disappointing.

What the hell happened?! We had a 20+ point lead going into the second half and it just evaporated!

Grrrrrrr.

All the same, we had a good season over last year and at least we now have a decent coach and QB. We got a lot further this season than I expected (I predicted 9-7) and, well, we almost won this game but the injuries really cost us.

9. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Actually, like the Oilers in '92, it expanded ... before the bottom fell out. ;)

Tough loss. But give credit to the Colts. Exciting game!

10. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Eh, shit playoff weekend imo.

11. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Every team I wanted to win ended up losing. At least there were some good games (the Chiefs/Colt game especially). Now I have to decide which bandwagon to jump on.

I had high hopes for the Packers until the last 2:30 of the game. Wish the outcome was different but it was a fun game to watch. But I could have done without all the talk about how cold it was there- was a lot warmer there than here.

12. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

^^
    Yeah, same for me. All 4 teams I rooted for lost...

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

14. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did alright... 3 of the 4 teams I was rooting for moved on. I wanted the Colts and Bengals to win because I really didn't want Denver to see the Chiefs or Chargers. It's always tough to beat a team three times in a year (Chiefs) and the Chargers always seem to have Denver's number.

In the Packers/Niners game, I was cheering for the Niners because I have a Packer friend who talks a lot of shit, but can never take it. I was wanting to see him have a melt down. For the Eagles/Saints, I had no real interest in that battle. However, after the Eagles fans booed both of the injured Saints, I wanted the Saints to take it just to spite them.

15. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll take New England, Denver, Seattle, and San Francisco next weekend.

16. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure, but I assume you aren't out playing football in it.
    yeah, it is getting to the point where I take pleasure in watching Green Bay lose just to spite all the annoying Packers fans I know. The ones who have never left the West Coast but became fans when they were winning and buy stock in the team so they can say they're "owners" and root for them against the home teams. A few of them jumped on the New England bandwagon for a while there, but they're back rooting for Green Bay the last few years. It was icing on the delicious cake of the Niners win for me.
    This seems the most likely, but I wouldn't be especially surprised with a San Diego or New Orleans win.

17. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see any or all of the underdogs win. Who wouldn't want to see Carolina or San Diego in the Super Bowl?

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, I have the "beating the Eagels in week one" prediction causing me to support San Diego. I'm indifferent to the Panthers so I'd be ok with them.

19. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

**raises hand** Um, me... because fuck Phyllis. After the Broncos, my choice for the AFC is anybody but the Chargers.

20. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't know if this has been mentioned here or not, but I saw a slo-mo replay of the so called "great" play by Aaron Rogers last Sunday -- the one on which he appeared to shake loose from a sack and complete a throw down to inside the 9er's 5. The replay showed a TREMENDOUS hold by one of the Pack O linemen. The Packer had a grip on the jersey underneath the open arm hole of the 9ner player. The grip was on the left arm, the one that would have sacked Rogers but the 9er DL was pulled away by the offensive guy.

I'm not a 9er fan and I never blame refs for a loss (except for that F'n "tuck game"), but all the talk about this being a great play by Rogers is bunk. Even the guys in the studio showing the replay I watched didn't mention the hold and it was as significant (to the play) as any I have ever seen in football. Those guys just went on and on about Rogers. I kept freezing the picture of this giant ass hold by the O lineman which freed up Rogers to make the play, because it was so obvious, an laughing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.