Terry O'Quinn's new show: Hallelujah

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry, he and Emerson have different pilots. But they both sound good. Both are playing manipulative millionaires! :rommie:

O'Quinn playing a villain, this can't lose!

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crossover!

Show sounds interesting...

3. Temis the Vorta

I can't tell from the description if there are supernatural elements to the "good vs evil" thing. That would be cool. :bolian:

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ Somehow if there isn't any from the beginning I bet some will come in before the end.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know what it is about that description, but it kind of sounds like Happy Town to me. Did that show even get resolved before it got yanked?

6. Temis the Vorta

Happy Town was definitely sf/f and it did get yanked, but it was also godawful so it was a mercy killing. That's the trouble with these shows, no matter how good the description sounds or how promising the casting (Happy Town had Sam Neill and some of the other actors seemed good as well), it can always suck.

Hallelujah might have a stronger Christian component than Happy Town did, which doesn't preclude supernatural elements in the least. That might be fun, but it raises the specter that the dratted PTC will start squawking. Maybe they'll be distracted by Good Christian Bitches. :rommie:

Edit: wow, they snapped up Terrier's Donal Logue:

I like all three leading actors. And I think we can assume there will be sf/f elements because watchyouwannabet O'Neal fits the "magic Negro" archetype? Yes, that's a tired cliche, but good writing can always rise above cliche.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't mind some supernatural or sf/f-- after all, he WAS called "Scary" O'Quinn.