Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Then they should just call the movie ICON.
    [​IMG]

3. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given Serenity--and I'm not typecasting here, I've seen dude in other films where he plays a non-dick well--Chiwetel Ejiofor would probably make a better Lex Luthor. I really liked how he held the tension between evil and duty in that, and I think that would be a really, really refreshing break from the "evil real estate developer" Luthor that the films never seem to get away from even when they have a talent like Spacey who could fill the screen from floor to ceiling and wall to wall with bombastic but heartfelt villainy.

That is, the funnest part of modern-day Luthor is his cognitive dissonance and deluded belief that he's the champion of humanity, and Ejiofor could easily bring that.

However: I do not know how he looks bald. And this is key.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

^ That would actually be an awesome choice for Luthor.

5. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any normal person shouldn't really give a shit as long as who they cast is the absolute raddest actor for the part.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Without the trunks and yet still with red boots he's gonna look like he's wearing long underwear. :rolleyes:

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Though I never understood the argument on why getting rid of the red trunks is better than having them, the look of the suit with or without them is going to be just as silly in the larger scope of things. You are just not use to it.

Besides, from the earlier pic, it seems like he is wearing a belt. That'll break it up. Hell, just look at Nolan's Batman suit. All black, with just a gold belt. Same thing with Flash.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  9. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I like the dark blue also. I think it will look nice in the movie. I bet once we see the guy with the big red cape in action his lack or red outer underwear will look fine.

10. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always been a fan of dark blue. I thought the lighter shade of blue they used for the Superman Returns outfit was all wrong.

11. davejames

I'm fine with the dark blue, but I thought the rich blue on the SR suit was just about perfect myself.

I hate to say it, but if anything looked "wrong", it was that light teal blue on Reeve's suit.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have absolutely no problem with the new suit at all which surprises me.

13. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Well I'm not blasting in my pants at the sight of her but she ain't tired and worn out looking.

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nothing definitive about the trunks yet from what I can see.

It's interesting that in none of the pictures can we quite make out the trunk area.

In fact, it's so interesting that I'm getting a twinge of déjà vu from the Wonder Woman pilot: dangle some pics on the net to gauge fan reaction before committing to the final costume, anybody?

I'll play for the studio lurkers: my vote is keep the trunks. But if it makes you happy, sans trunks isn't going to be enough to make me hate your film.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think they are purposely avoiding showing us his trunks. It truly amazes how we can focus on one aspect of a suit or a character's facial features and spending a page or two on it. It's really not a big deal.

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Urgh, do I have to?

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

19. davejames

From the spy pics, it looks like there are indeed "trunks", but they're just the same blue as the rest of the suit. Probably just so it doesn't look like he's wearing pajamas or a wetsuit.

As for changes from the official pic, it looks like the shield is a bit less curved and more angular as well. And clearly they changed the hairstyle.

20. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm fine with that. At some point you've gotta say goodbye to things.