Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yeah, I know. The sentiment is still valid though.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

My point was in the comics DC has made Waller thin and young. Completely separate from that she was also thin in Green Lantern and Smallville. The trend is for Waller looking nothing like her original comic book appearance. Other than her race.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

My point is that Bassett was Waller before the New 52 and the debut of thin Waller. And by connecting Bassett's casting to DC, you implied that they were responsible.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Sigh... I was not connecting Bassett to DC directly. I guess I should have put " Angela Bassett (Warner Bros Studio), Pam Grier, and also DC Comics itself have made Waller thin" you were putting the blame on CW for starting this. Who cares who did the casting, they did not do this first...,
    Did I have to write a detailed paper for you on the casting process and explain how DC and WB and the CW are all part of Time Warner but work separately too? You are being really anal. :rolleyes:

5. Nerys Myk

Just responding to what you wrote. "DC did this first. Angela Basset did not look like the original character either." Not sure what other way I could take that statement, since DC didn't do it first and there was nothing to separate or clarify the part about Bassett.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

7. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I've only seen his work on Glee and CSI:Miami. I hated his character on Glee, although, that may have been the point of the character (obstacle between Blaine and Kurt) - so that may bias me against him as that's the majority of his work. Looking at clips from his CSI appearance, he didn't do too shabby of a job, especially since he had the difficult take of playing twins with different personalities in the episode.

I look forward to see if he will be able to play Barry as a likable character.

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I know I shouldn't pre-judge, but I have a really hard time accepting Barry Allen as a 23 year-old, brunette pretty boy.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

He would make a great Bart.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well this is the CW we're talking about. He's getting the Smallvile treatment.

11. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to agree. Even for a Smallville type casting, this seems pretty bad. Still, Arrow is awesome, so I'm hoping to be surprised and have this actor turn out to be a great Barry.

12. Nerys Myk

So you're saying Barry was never 23 and pretty?

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Hell, even I was once 23 and pretty.

Well okay... Pretty, at least.

14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

He gets his powers by breaking into a police lab and trying to cook up something for a frat party instead of being an actual trained investigator?

Sure, at one point Barry was 23, but traditionally Barry is an experienced lab technician before he gets his powers. Wally was the Flash who started in his early twenties.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here's the official WB released character description they had in the CBR article:

16. Nerys Myk

But this Barry doesn't have his powers yet. I assume at 23 this Barry had been a lab tech for a couple of years. While not a jaded, grizzled vet he has some experience.

While Wally took the name Flash in his twenties, he's one of the more experienced heroes, having been one since he was about ten years old.

17. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

At actor is 23 but where does it say that Barry Allen is going to be 23?

18. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Forget Barry, lets bring on the new bad guys for GA to battle.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well the claws are kind of cheesy but they do fit into the Arrowverse so I will go with it.