is stargate continum any good

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by tmosler, Jul 1, 2013.

1. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ok so i have been watching season one of stargate sg1 and so far have been amazed at how good it is i even like it as much as star trek and for me thats saying something. I know i am a long way from getting done with the series so i can watch the 2 movies that sum up sg1 but i heard that continum was good so i was wondering if this is true and if i should watch it after season 9?

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

IMO the show really gets good during the arc at the end of season 1, and stays good through season 7.

I quit watching during season 9 due to general suckage, so can't comment on the movie.

3. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks its good to no that stargate remains good thourgh its entire run. I just finished season one and loved the cliffhanger at the end.

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Continuum is fun, even though the story is rather typical and you get the feeling of seeing the same old stuff again.

5. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Continuum is fun in an old skool Stargate kind of way, but doesn't really offer much that a two-part episode wouldn't. Ark of Truth on the other hand felt like a proper movie to me, much better pacing and structure, and some great dialogue.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stargate Continuum on its own is decent entertainment, though I was bummed that an entire movie was spent on a reset button storyline, especially now that it turns out that movie likely is the last SG-1 adventure.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^Perhpas that is one of the big let downs of Continuum is that it was the last of the adventures of SG-1.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, The Ark of Truth was the Series Finale, it closed up the ongoing Storyline. Continuum was just an extra little tidbit, and people were expecting at least one more little extra tidbit

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

MGM however go nabkrupt put an end to any more SG-1 TV movies as well as the SG:A TV movie.