I love this ipad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by propita, Jan 22, 2011.

1. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hubby has been tutoring these kids who want to take the pharmacy tech test. Anyway, it's finally wrapping up and they wanted to give him a thank you gift. Since we asked about iPads before (the boy's father has an electronic business and can get things wholesale), that's what they gave him.

Like an iPod for older eyes and MUCH easier to see.

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Reading and responding to your post from my iPad. I too love the darn thing, don't go anywhere without it.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

iLove the iPad. iThink it's an awesome piece of technology.

iOnly wish it had a larger capacity so I could fit all my music on it. But that is an extremely minor nitpick. All in all, an excellent device.

Plus it got me hooked on Angry Birds...

4. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The iPad is a nifty and fun device. I see the appeal (kinda sorta) but I wouldn't pay for one. A 64GB iPad with 3G runs $849. At that price, you'd might as well buy a MacBook for $999 and get more utility.

I also don't have a need for another device. I already own a MacBook Pro 17", an iPhone and a new iPod nano.

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, but as a gift, no cost is incurred.

6. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I don't try to convince or dissuade anyone from buying any Apple products, I only relay my experience and let you make your own decisions.

I travel a lot for work, 99% of the time I am making presentations using Keynote (powerpoint for Mac.) I cannot tell you the ease of using my iPad as oppose of taking my MacBook Pro. Plus being able to get full internet and e-mail, read a book and a few other things. The iPad has become indispensable to me. Is it a Laptop replacement? No, but Laptops were not Desktop replacements when they first came out. However now, years later you can own a laptop without needing a desktop. Will the iPad of the future be the same thing? Who knows.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't need that much utility. :shrug:

8. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^Me neither.

I have a 24" iMac on my desk. And I have a regular cell phone; I'm not interested in a smart phone, even the iPhone, because the screens are too small. My iPad is the perfect companion to those two.

9. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, I'm not trying to imply that the iPad doesn't fit the needs of some consumers. I'm sure it does. I just am not one of those people (at least, not right now).