Halloween Costume Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Oct 2, 2009.

1. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Well simple or complex (I am looking at you Count Dracula) I want everyone to remember that we need PICTURES of your costumes! We want to see how awesome everyone looked this year. :bolian:

And a little update of my own: I decided yesterday that I was not really all that happy with my props. Of course they are just the Playmates toys and look a little to "plastic". So I whipped out the paint, a brush and a buffing rag and went to town. Now my phaser has the proper silver barrels and I dirtied up things a bit. I also "enhanced" the communicator and the tricorder. The look less like toys now and more like actual tools. It's funny how a little black paint and a good buffing can turn ordinary into extraordinary. I promise to post pictures soon. I am actually going to break out the lighting equipment this time.

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't take a camera but if some good images turn up on Facebook or whatever I'll link them up. It was more of a dinner party then a "party", so it was all very civilised. We did carve up some pumpkins after dinner. I gave it a miss due to my nice white shirt.

Three people got my costume, though one was the guy at the bottle-o, who carefully asked if I was going to a costume party. One the plus side I have put out the word of Chuck and a couple of my friends said they would check out the show. Wonder if I can hit up the show for cash for doing that?

3. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Hmmm.....we're thinking I'm going to get hit on during our Halloween party. So I'm making sure I look all sexy in my TOS uniform. :devil:

4. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

You're thinking you'll be hit on? I'd say that's a very definite possibility even before the TOS uniform. ;)

5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

got the Rufus costume, fits great, and the quality is INCREDIBLE

6. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

Lovely work :) I haven't got round to making my one yet - won't be doing the nuTrek thing for Halloween but when I do get round to it - I doubt it'd look this good.

There are pins like this on eBay, unfortunatly they're WAY too big :(

Great work on the trousers too, I just used cargo pants as I wanted pockets. What are you doing for the braids (unless I've missed it? Catching up in the whole thread in a few mins, may have.) The ones that come with the costume really bugged me and had to be replaced.

I ended up using white ribbon as I couldn't find any reflective fabrics in time.

[​IMG]

Good result in the end - it's just unfortunate Rubies can be shoddy :(

I got the gold before the blue and ended up with one sleeve shorter than the other.

I havent decided what to do this year at all. I'm tempted to go all wrestling-ish. I'd post pictures of that, but me in tiny pants should not be seen by the general public :p

7. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I actually left the braids as is. To get the look I wanted I would have had to completely remove them. But removing silk screen is very difficult and covering them over would have meant the braids being a little to wide. I thought about ordering an extra large shirt for the extra fabric but the braids still come up to high to cut them off.

And don't start making those uniform pins yet folks. Roddenberry.com will have them soon enough. I don't think they can get them just yet because of the Best Buy/BluRay deal.

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

On a funny note: I've been harassed by Mormon missionaries far more often than usual this last week, and I just found out why. They're after my roommate, Joseph. You see, he ordered a Book of Mormon for his Sexy Mormon Missionary costume, and can't think of a nice way to tell them so.

9. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

10. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I'm sure you tactfully put those missionaries in their proper position.

(sorry)

11. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

That's hilarious! :guffaw:

12. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    People:

OK, here are a couple of pics from Halloween last year, when I was the Joker:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is a preview of my outfit for this year, the Spirit -- wore it to a friend's Halloween/Birthday party last Saturday:

[​IMG]

Red Rum!

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: :guffaw: Both of you. ;)

That's almost as funny as the phrase "consumed by the horny populous"...

14. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

So today was my college's Halloween Dance, and here is my costume!

The Phantom Of The Opera...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it turned out well considering I bought this all this morning, and didn't even have everything for it till 30 minutes before the dance. :guffaw: I'm such a procrastinator...

15. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

The Joker one looks like Herman Munster.

16. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

For some reason this reminds me of that breif scene in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" where Socrates is holding up the water pistol in the mall.

17. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

It got even better! The second one I got had a similar mark on the back of the shirt. A friend of mine proposed that when the shirts were being printed with the little arrow head designs, a thread was on the shirt, thereby causing the mark.

Anyway, I contacted the online store and they refunded my money and let me keep both shirts. I then took them to a local sewing shop and they were able to attach all the good parts together (and the adjust the collar). In the end, it only cost $20, and a little side frustration. I totally made out ahead in the end.

It's Halloween. No one will care! :p

18. kustirider2

kustirider2 Commander Red Shirt

You guys are really creative, The Jekyll/Hyde costume is awesome!. I've never dressed up for Hallowe'en (Or even been "Trick and treating")

19. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^^^
    I guess it's not as big a deal across the pond as it is in North America, huh?

Anyway, I've been working at a local amusement park (Canada's Wonderland), and they have an annual "Halloween Haunt" event, which features about 10 mazes populated with people dressed up as monsters. I'm playing one of those monsters this year, and here is my costume:

[​IMG]

And another:

[​IMG]

20. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore