Starship FARRAGUT: Conspiracy of Innocence

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Bixby, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Maybe not...but it sure smacks of it. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I thought so to. I'm rather curious to see what it is about. :)

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Likewise. While not always perfect, I've always enjoyed Farragut and the rapport between Carter, Tacket, and Smithfield -- a unique friendship that translates very well on screen.

4. USS Intrepid

Farragut, like Exeter, resonates with me. I like them very much.

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Agreed. I'd easily say the same about Intrepid. Between the three, there are relationships at the heart of the characters, and I quite enjoy that aspect of each series.

6. USS Intrepid

Yeah it's probably no great surprised my tastes lean in that direction. :)

7. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Another good sign that ST TOS is still the best out there. Always good to see Capt. John doing something. Hope they enjoy great success.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

With whoever the captain is ending up on the bridge of a Romulan ship out of nowhere, it reminds me of "Contagion" and the Iconians.

9. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZetyCEiytL0

Hot on the heels of Prelude to Axanar the folks down in Georgia came out with their new episode...Interesting effort, truly.

My only real quibble? Well as a french-canadian by birth I really appreciate the inclusion of the new transporter operator, but sorry, for all the complaining about Chekov's russian accent over the years, it was nothing compared to the choice of an almost Inspector Clouseau-like french...

I appreciate the effort, but may I suggest renting this movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxMuCyzXgC4 for an entertaining and more accurate accent...

10. CaptainSerek

CaptainSerek Commander Red Shirt

I have it downloaded and ready to watch. Review forthcoming.

11. skree

skree Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I noticed a continuity error: George Foster is referred as LT. but he is wearing Commander's stripes.

12. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

A very enjoyable episode! Though I'm never a fan of child actors.

While I have minor nitpicks, I have no major complaints with the episode - which is rare when I watch fan films. Great job to everybody involved.

Well, I'm no expert, but I have a friend from France, and to my untrained ears, she sounds almost exactly like the character here. So it definitely works for non-native speakers. I think it's just that the actress here sounds like she's really trying, so it comes out forced.

13. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why was the transporter chief dressed like some 80s pop star anyway?
    I was half expecting the background music to switch to Culture Club.

14. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hmmm - watched it this morning. Production values are pretty good - although I thought all the greenscreen stuff on the planet was a bit off, but that´s pretty hard to do convincingly. What I found a big letdown was the story. The whole episode was just around 30 minutes - and even that felt like it dragged along forever - I almost looked for the fast forward button. The "twist" was seen a mile and a half away, there was no tension whatsoever, the only real nice gimmick was the sudden jump of the captain to that other location - but unfortunately even this felt forced and tacked on to the script. Come on Farragut, you can do better!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  15. Bixby

...except that France french and canadian french are as different as Texas english and cockney, or as a Boston accent to a London one...To make it simple, I've noticed a Parisian will say z-heese and zhat when trying to say THIS and THAT, while a Montrealer will tend to pronounce DISS and DATT...

For future webisodes, I suggest the Farragut crew google any number of talk show interviews with singer Celine Dion, a native Quebecker who has been living in Las Vegas over the last decade or so, who still has random french inflections...

16. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Not what I expected from the trailers, which is good! But I figured out what was going on fairly quickly.

The cinematography is improved from previous segments. The sets look good. Serious crossing-the-line in the Teaser. C'mon everyone, it's not that hard to get that right. :)

I think the output setting for Youtube might be incorrect as the image looks too flat (like the highs and lows are getting clipped), but perhaps that's a desired effect.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  17. CaptainSerek

CaptainSerek Commander Red Shirt

I saw it yesterday. While I have a couple of nitpicks, I would say I enjoyed it overall. I liked the recreation of the Romulan bridge as well as seeing the cast and crew back in action.

18. Bixby

From another website, apparently Farragut's next episode will be filmed this november with a script by actor Paul Sieber (who also scripted The Captaincy and The Price of Anything). Looks like they will also do a Mirror Universe-related episode titled ''The Crossing''.

More interestingly, looks like there will be a spin-off series featuring the Farragut crew in adventures set during the Wrath of Khan era, called Farragut Forward.

Last one sounds ambitious if a bit expensive: new sets, new props, new wardrobe...new 80s hair? :rommie:

19. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Unless they get permission to use the Potemkin sets. Those are movie-era.

20. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I would think they'd be more likely to build their own than use the Potemkin sets - IIRC, those are sub-scale and don't really match up to Farragut's own sets in detail.