Star Trek compilation?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by MikeS, Nov 28, 2012.

1. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have done the google search but turned up nothing...

I have just purchased and downloaded the entire Command and Conquer series for my laptop. A great little deal at £25 and some great fun reminising over hours wasted playing these. I was wondering if there is anything similar for Star Trek games? Ie a compendium of downloadable games featuring Bridge Commander, Armada, that Voyager first-person shooter one, etc, etc.

Many thanks.

2. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think you'll find it. Activision and Paramount/Viacom no longer share a contract, so they can't sell their Trek games any more. And I really can't see them coming together to re-release them. They didn't exactly part amicably.

So you will probably be better off buying the physical copies (if you have the money), or... some "alternative" methods. :devil:

3. MikeS

Thanks for your reply.

That's a shame as I'm sure people would part with cash for them. I would buy the physical copies but I'm not sure they would run on Windows 7. What are the "alternative methods"?

4. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Deleted by mod!!. Send me a PM if you need further information. :techman:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

All three games you mentioned should work on Windows 7, although I've read that for Armada you need to do some fiddling around first to get it to work properly.

6. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Armada runs but has some major issues with windows 7....i think the last time i got any of these older Trek game to run corrrextly was on XP.

7. MikeS

A real shame.

8. yochenhsieh

yochenhsieh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Some older games setup cannot run in Win7 64-bit version. You need to install them in a WinXP PC, export the game's registry (usually in HKLM\Software\), then copy game folder to Win7 pc and import registry to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\.

For Armada, you need the unofficial 1.3 patch which will fix 2gb RAM error and widescreen support:
    http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-armada-i/downloads/star-trek-armada-patch-13-project

I've got Armada1/2, SFC1/2/OP/3/CE, DW, EF1/2, BC, The Fallen and Away Team all working in Win7 64-bit.